*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806294-Who-Was-on-My-Mind-Today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#806294 added February 8, 2014 at 1:37pm
Restrictions: None
Who Was on My Mind Today?
As you went about your day today, who or what was on your mind? Who were you thinking of? Week Seven for Welcome to My Reality.

Even though I am writing this on Saturday I am going to think back to Monday, February 3. This is a date that stands out for me. Thirty-five years ago, I experienced my first major lost - the lost of my Father. He died of a heart attack with his body riddled with cancer. He was a mere 44 years old. I was just 12 years old. Now I am older than he ever was.

With the lost of him also came the addition of my cousin, Michael - who is a particular favourite of mine. He joined the family one month, five days, eight hours and nineteen minutes after my Dad left it. Odd the details like this stick in my mind.

Another connection to this date is my Special Services At Home client. I have been working with him and his family for 19 years now. I started on my Dad's birthday - January 25. My client's birthday is February 3. He is 28 years old. I have often felt my connection with him and his family was meant to be - linking us in ways beyond the basic. Sure, I work for his family, but the time I have been with them almost makes me part of their family and that is amazing. We have been through so much together.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806294-Who-Was-on-My-Mind-Today