*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807177-Who-Do-I-Miss-Most-and-Why
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#807177 added February 15, 2014 at 2:18pm
Restrictions: None
Who Do I Miss Most and Why?
Who do you miss the most and why? (they may be living or past away). Week Eight for Welcome to My Reality.

I would say my Grandmother. I called her Gramzie. She lived to be almost 101 years old. She was sharp as a tack until she had her stroke about 3 or 4 years before she died. Up until that point, she could tell you what she did and when with little trouble.
One of the things I did with her and for her 90th birthday party was chart out her life. For each year of her life, I documented what happened in her life and what was happening in Canada and the World.. When our family came to celebrate her birthday each of them added in their own details so that the charts were even more wonderful. Her life in words, in bits and pieces. Moments of history. Her first time listening to a radio, her first time riding in a car, her first plane ride.
She lived through two Northern Ontario forest fires. The stories she could tell.

As a grandmother, she was fabulous. I could do no wrong in her eyes. I was the grandchild that lived closest to her. I lived in town and we went out to visit her every Sunday. She loved me unconditionally and never found my odd, creative personality something to snub. I could sing at the dinner table, all those things my Mother would have pounded me for if I did them around her.
Being a child of a broken home, one of only a few in our small town, my grandmother took me under her wing. She was one to support the underdog and I was that little underdog.
I loved her dearly and I miss her with sweet tears in my eyes, grateful for her love and attention.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807177-Who-Do-I-Miss-Most-and-Why