*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806319-Storybook-Childrens-Activities
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#806319 added February 8, 2014 at 4:43pm
Restrictions: None
Storybook Children's Activities
Feb 8, 2014


BCOF Prompt


What organizations exist where you live that are focused on children interacting and doing activities together? Did you belong to one of these groups when you were a child? Tell us about it.

When I was seven, I was a Brownie. It was one of the little girl's divisions of the Girl Scouts. It gave me something to do once a week, but I really wasn't into it. The only thing I liked were the activities to get merit badges, and they were really simple.

Later on, I became involved in a church activity called Awanas. I was one of the teachers for the Cubbies (kids ages 3-5). I was the one the kids would recite Bible verses to, and at their age, the verses were pretty simple.

I've also taught at different vacation Bible school and last summer I was even one of the vacation Bible school teachers on the mission trip I went to in Canada. I'm also going back this summer and will be in charge of the puppet show everyday.

The Soundtrack of Your Life


I found an interesting video on You Tube that featured a beautiful song that I remembered on one of my Dad's old LPs. The song is called Storybook Children by Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood.

Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XROcUQ-tTp8


News In My World!


Let me start with the good news! I won Blogger of the Week for the Blogging Circle of Friends for the entry "I'm an Aries. I also edited chapters 22-24 late last night. While I was running some errands this morning, I found some cheap DVDs too. I bought Let Me In, Mrs. Henderson Presents, Becoming Jane, and Fast Food Nation (all of these were only a dollar a piece). I also bought a movie called Dead Awake (this one was three dollars). If I have some money left toward the end of the month, I will buy the following movies if they are still there: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (I totally love this movie even I get made fun of constantly for loving it), Food Inc, and Captialism: A Love Story.

For the boring stuff, I'm having to do a couple loads of laundry before fixing a tuna noodle casserole for lunch.

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806319-Storybook-Childrens-Activities