*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807178-Why-I-Write
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#807178 added February 15, 2014 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
Why I Write.
Why Do I Write? Week Eight for Welcome to My Reality.

Why indeed. Writing is something that has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Before writing, I would tell myself stories long before I wrote them out on paper. Stories. Always stories. A place to work out things in my life that were not so perfect in my own world. My earlier stories were of perfect characters in perfect lives or what I deemed as perfect. Definitely not what makes a good story, but in my young eyes and mind, this writing was more about getting me through my life and making make sense of what was going on around me. Around the time writing may a strong push into my life, I was dealing with a couple of big issues. One was being touched inappropriately by someone I trusted (I was seven, they were in their teens) and the other was dealing with my parent's separation. Being an only child, this was a huge trauma for me. Living in a small Ontario town, being from a broken home in the early seventies was rare. I was probably the only one in my class and nobody talked about such things. Writing was an escape for me.
As I grew and learned what made a story a real story, I grew my own tales. My memories hold gems that at the time were hard to deal with but now... I can sit with and mull over, putting my experience into my writing and seeing that a bland life would be much more boring and uneventuful.

Writing has saved me and been my sanity and for that I am greatful for the gift. The gift of written expression.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807178-Why-I-Write