*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807506-Eating-Comfort-Food-While-The-Lord-Knows-Whose-Drinkin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#807506 added February 18, 2014 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
Eating Comfort Food While The Lord Knows Whose Drinkin'
Feb 18, 2014


BCOF Prompt


Let's take a stroll down memory lane. Tell us about a comfort food that makes you feel nostalgic or sentimental when you eat it. Who made this special dish for you? Do you ever fix it for yourself if you are feeling blue?

My comfort foods were when Dad used to make me breakfast. He used to cook biscuits and hash browns. Now, grant you they were the frozen kind, it was just special to spend time with him. He would doctor the hash browns the cheese and mushrooms (he only put the mushrooms on mine because he knew it really liked them). We would eat breakfast and watch either Charmed or Supernatural, depending on when we would get up in the morning.

Now, I don't really care for either one because it just isn't the same.

The Soundtrack of Your Life


This is a special song to me because my Dad taught it to me when I was only seven years old even though he has quit drinking around this time. I think he mainly taught it to me to because my Mom hated the song. However, I still listen to it and sing it in the car while my Mom mummers under her breath.

The song is called The Lord Knows I'm Drinkin' by Cal Smith. For those of you who aren't familiar with him, he is best known for the song Country Bumpkin (I'll share that one with you tomorrow).

The clip I found on youtube was of him singing on the Porter Waggoner show. For those of you who don't have a clue on who he his, he sang "The Carrol County Accident" and many others. The also gave Dolly Parton her start. Dolly Parton also wrote the song "I Will Always Love You" for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3eHJGe70

News In My World!


Not much has happened. I got a coupon for a free snickers bar today, but since I trying to lose weight, I gave it to my Mom. My brother is trying to find a job, but he isn't having any luck. He's being told that he's overqualified or doesn't have enough experience. He's applied to a doctorial program in Kansas, but was put on their waiting list because of his GRE score. He scored kind of low on the math part. He's going to have to take the GRE over again. He has two bachelor's degrees : one in Psychology and the other in Sociology and a master's in Psychology with a certification in Gender Studies.

Other than that, I've been watching a great show in the morning (Monday-Friday) called Daniel Boone staring Fess Parker. Have any of y'all heard of that show? It's really awesome.

I'm going to go now and do another Richard Simmons workout. I did the aerobics workout this morning, and now, I'm going to do the toning workout. Maybe adding these workouts will help me lose some more weight.

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807506-Eating-Comfort-Food-While-The-Lord-Knows-Whose-Drinkin