*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807859-What-Made-Me-Happy-Today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#807859 added February 22, 2014 at 9:56am
Restrictions: None
What Made Me Happy Today?
1. What made you happy today? For Week Nine of Welcome to My Reality.

The first thing is the sun. Not sure if it is frigid or mild outside today, but the sun has graced us with her presence and I always feel lightened when it is sunny. My emotions often feel tied to the weather - cold and gloomy, warm and light. The sun brings a smile to my face even if it is bitterly cold - kind of the silver lining within the weather belt.

The other thing that brings me happiness is our Canadian athletes at the Winter Olympic Games. We are doing so well thanks to their hard work and dedication. Even within our classroom we had the hockey games and the curling games on in the background. I am so proud. They have all done so well. It was a blast to hear the cheers of delight when the Women's hockey team brought it home in a rousing game that told the Americans we were not out of it yet. The last three and a half minutes changed the course of the game. Amazing! It was sad to see the other teams’ faces. They had put in a valiant effort. Another sad thing I did hear was that the American team was walking all over our Canadian Flag - now that is sad. They could have put their energies into something else but... that is the way of it.

So many of the athletes are doing well this year. All the countries have sent their best and brightest stars and it is amazing to watch them perform. Sure it may be sad to see our Canadian hopefuls fall out of the running but the finals are still amazing. I thought for sure the little Russian girl, only fifteen, was going to run away with the show - she didn't, but man, was she beautiful to watch. Her future is definitely something to watch for.

Tomorrow is the Men's hockey final. It is at 6 o'clock in the morning here. Not sure if I will be up for it - but I may get up to watch the last half. Funny, I normally do not watch hockey but for the Olympics... I do.
So here's to all our athletes - from every country - thank you for your valance and strength, your honour and dedication. You Rock!



signature for the Paper Doll Gang. ** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807859-What-Made-Me-Happy-Today