*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809013-Content---What-It-Means-To-Me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#809013 added March 4, 2014 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
Content - What It Means To Me
green}Week Eleven - Welcome to My Reality

7.What does the word content mean for you? Describe what it looks like in your life.
Content is being at peace with yourself and where you are in the world, your place in the world. It is accepting where you are and where you are going. Being okay with the journey you are on.

Content is connecting to that part of yourself that is happy. Being content and happy is not something you chase - it cannot be chased. It is not external, it is within. It is being content with where you are in the present. The Now.
Many people say when XX happens, then they will be happy, but when they get that, they are not satisfied. Instead they feel disappointment and they are always struggling to find their happiness. They have not learned they already possess it. They are too busy trying to attain something beyond themselves, they miss it. (If this sounds like Oprah, it is because I first learned this on her show years ago. I think the man she interviewed referred to this chasing of external things as ‘happiness addiction’, or some such thing.)

What does it look like in my life? It is a calmness, a serene peace, a knowing all is right in my world. Being okay with where I am now, regardless of what is going on around me. It is looking for the good in all things. Seeing the possibilities when things go rocky. Knowing that God is in control and he will bring things into my life when I am ready and able. All things work towards good. Being content is letting go of the worry, giving it to God.

I am an active instrument of God that works in the world. I have been gifted with talents and abilities and it is my purpose to awaken them and follow where they take me with God's guidance. It may sound hokey, but it is what allows me to find peace, even when the world flips upside down.
My joys are teaching and writing - they have been for as long as I can remember. I want to be the best that I can be in those areas. With God’s guidance and my persistence, I will find my way... when it is my time.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809013-Content---What-It-Means-To-Me