*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809015-Imagine-Living-Without
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#809015 added March 4, 2014 at 9:16pm
Restrictions: None
Imagine Living Without...
Week Eleven for Welcome to My Reality


6.What could you imagine never living without.
I find I live quite comfortably, but if I were going to pick one thing... I would say electricity.

Sure I have gone without it - visiting my Grandparent's farm in Northern Ontario when I was a child - was a place without electricity. In fact, my Grandparents lived very simply - no electricity, no indoor plumbing, no modern essentials. They were far enough from New Liskeard and the highway to make it too expensive to have the power lines put in.

Cooking was done on a wood stove. The bathroom was outside and down a wee path to the outhouse. A place where bugs and flies were happiest and I was not.

I loved the farm. The rustic life of it, but I was a child. My grandmother ran the ship - she lit the fire in the morning and did all the cooking and cleaning. Hard work was not new to her. She did it all with not much help from my grandfather on the domestic front.

As an adult, I would not want to live like my Grandmother did. I like my electricity. It runs everything I enjoy - particularly my computer.

© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809015-Imagine-Living-Without