*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809958-I-Have-A-Dream-Lives-On
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#809958 added March 13, 2014 at 11:49am
Restrictions: None
I Have A Dream Lives On...
Today's blogs...

Blog City - March 13


If you could personally witness one event in history, what would you want to see?

Now this is an impressive topic. There are so many with potential. I would want to see something positive and life changing and affirming but my knowledge of historical events are sadly weak. Thank goodness for Youtube.

Each story is filled with emotions - strong and high.

I would have loved to have heard Martin Luther King speak his "I have a dream..." speech; to stand shoulder to shoulder in that crowd, hearing his words, feeling the power of the emotions swirling within that time. August 28, 1963. Blacks and Whites together in strength. Standing against injustice. Walking in singing 'We will overcome'. A crowd intermixed and strong together. I am sure that on the fringes there was upset. Things like that often come on such occasions, but the speech itself was strong and proud and enlightening. It threatened the times, but it needed to do so. Equality for all is indeed our right and we are better together not fighting against one another.

"The riches of freedom and the security of justice." Martin Luther King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smEqnnklfYs

Welcome to My Reality - Week Twelve


7. What cause are you passionate about?

Equality. All men (and women) are created equal - Regardless of colour, creed, ethnicity, gender, age or sexual orientation. Martin Luther King let his voice ring out when he said, "Not judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character." Ahem to that. Content of character. Each and every one of us has something of worth to bring to the world - it is to be embraced.

This year I watched the Grammy's and the Oscars and it never seems to fill me with pleasure when I see people of all backgrounds coming together and bringing such wonderful, creative projects to light. We learn from each other. Shutting off parts that could enrich us does not make any sense to me. And this is true in any vocation.

In the classrooms I have had the pleasure to work in, there have been children from so many different nationalities and ethnic groups. They have so much to share from their culture and families. Bringing that into the classroom builds classroom community, but also builds understanding and empathy that can go out into the larger community. And that is a world I want to foster. Good - bye hate and intolerance. Hello love and acceptance.


4. Write a list of at least ten sentences, each starting with the words 'I believe...'

I saw a card last night that had this perfectly but i did not buy it. Now I wish I had. But instead, I will do my own version...
I believe in God.
I believe in practicing gratitude - seeing the good in the world in the small things.
I believe in paying it forward - doing good things for others without expecting anything back in return. Knowing they will pass the good feelings and actions forward to someone else in their own way.
I believe in being vulnerable and connecting with others. Sharing and connecting.
I believe in admitting when you have done wrong and facing the consequences.
I believe in the power of friendship. Whether it is to be face to face or in never seen connections between people (like those I have met on this site).
I believe in the power of forgiveness to let things go and move on. Not to forgive is poison to our very souls.
I believe in equality and acceptance of each other.
I believe in using your God given talents to enrich this world.
I believe in the power of LOVE.



© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809958-I-Have-A-Dream-Lives-On