*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810084-Learrning-Something-Every-DayHow-Ghostly
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#810084 added March 14, 2014 at 2:42pm
Restrictions: None
Learrning Something Every Day...How Ghostly!
Today's blogs...

Blog City - March 14, 2014

Have you ever seen a ghost? Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?

I have never seen a ghost, nor have I experienced one, but my mother and my friend's brother have had weird connections from across the supernatural spectrum.
First my mother. Shortly after my father past away my mother had forgotten to set her alarm one workday morning. Through her dreams, she swears she heard my father's voice tell her "It's 7 o'clock. Time to get up." She blinked her eyes open and sure enough it was 7 o'clock. Eerie.
Another time, shortly after my grandfather's death, my friend's brother was babysitting my cousin. The phone rang after he had put my cousin to bed and he answered it.
"Is my daughter okay?" the male voice asked.
"Yes." Clay answered, then the line cut off.
Odd. The thing was. My aunt had been diagnosed with colon cancer. She was doing okay; in fact they got it all. My grandfather had probably never used the phone in his life – but I guess this was important. Connections from across the supernatural divide. I would have to say - 'yes' I do believe.
For this reason, I will let myself believe in something beyond us. Something that watches out for us.
I do not watch ghost or horror movies - too unreal and bizarre for me. But there are two I enjoyed, well maybe three.... They all struck a chord in me. Two of them in particular. One is with Bruce Willis and the little boy who can "see dead people" and the other one is with Nicole Kidman. Both movies put a twist on reality - requiring a second viewing to see what initially had been unseen. I think my own story telling mind linked in to the well ‘craftedness’ of the tales.
The other movie was The Haunting. I am drawn in to watching that one, like a moth to a flame - even though it scares me. Generally, I do not watch scary movies because my own imagination is crazy enough without adding that to it. I wouldn't sleep for days.... or let my husband out of my sight.
The other two movies are:
The Sixth Sense with Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment
The Others with Nicole Kidman

Welcome To My Reality - Week Twelve


3. The saying goes that 'You learn something new every day'. What did you learn this week?
What did I learn this week. It has been a pretty quiet week... but I did tune in to Oprah's Super Soul Sunday and listen to her interview with Brene Brown. Their conversation inspired me to purchase her book The Gift Of Imperfection. During their conversation I had several Ah Ha moments - things that make the hair on your arms stand up and send a sizzle through your system as you realize something about your past that finally makes sense - 'oh, that's why'. That sense that you are not alone and you are not crazy. Beliefs I held as a child, making sense of this world when my parent’s marriage was falling apart, came into focus - particularly in the areas of perfectionism and seeing my vulnerabilities as weak. Holding myself apart from Joy and not expecting great things. That is how I lived my life through my teens and into my twenties. Numbing myself off to being hurt. I think watching Oprah helped me to change many of those old beliefs, but Brene Brown put those ideas into focus - speaking them and they resonated over me. I love it when that happens.
I just got the book yesterday and intend to dig into it this weekend.
I believe I made reference to her book on March 9 in the blog post "Personal Mission Statement – My Personal Mission Statement.



© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810084-Learrning-Something-Every-DayHow-Ghostly