*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813092-Off-To-Halifax-Again
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#813092 added April 8, 2014 at 9:27pm
Restrictions: None
Off To Halifax Again!
         Three weeks ago (I know, I am terribly delinquent in writing this) I had the opportunitypleasure of going directly from Juneau Alaska to Halifax, Nova Scotia for the second time in three months.  But this time, the class in Halifax started on Tuesday, and I flew there on Sunday.  This would allow me time for a little R&R on Monday.  Such are the best laid plans of mice and men.

         Instead of relaxing all day and catching up on my rest, I spent the day answering e-mails, reviewing course materials for improvements to a new course I wrote (it was written for a specific customer, but now we need to expand the course), and was involved in a conference call for about an hour.  To add to all this, I also spent another three hours on a conference call Thursday afternoon after class.  No, I'm not complaining about all this, I love my job, love being involved, but sometimes, especially in this case, I'd have loved the chance to rest some.

         It was a good week though, Monday was St. Patrick's Day, so I went to Alexander Keith's brewery that night.  It was a nice night, I met a couple of guys who seemed to be doing a mini-Pub Crawl, and talked about things in general.  They were having shots of Tequila, but just the generic bar stuff, so I thought I'd treat them to a shot of Patron Silver.  Imagine my surprise when I found out that this place only had the one brand of Tequila on hand.  Dang it, can't do a good deed when I wanted to!

         Overall it was a good week, but when I flew home Friday morning, my flight was delayed, and I was going to miss my connection in Boston.  But United came to the rescue, and moved me to a different flight.  Lucky me, for my original flight was cancelled!  Till next time, from Johnson City, Tennessee.  Y'all have a nice week, it looks like winter might finally be in our rear view mirrors!

Jim


© Copyright 2014 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813092-Off-To-Halifax-Again