*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813411-A-Relaxing-Week-of-Teaching-in-Tennessee
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#813411 added June 16, 2014 at 10:10pm
Restrictions: None
A Relaxing Week of Teaching in Tennessee
         For the first time in my career at Motorola Solutions, I was assigned to deliver field classes four weeks in a row.  I have to admit, it was a bit exhausting, especially considering the jaunts I took to accomplish this.  I started out going to Edmonton Alberta for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.  The following week found me once again in Juneau Alaska, followed by a visit to beautiful Halifax Nova Scotia.  I'd done this trek earlier this year, and knew it would wear me out.  It's a five hour time shift to go from Juneau one week to Halifax the following.  Needless to say, I was a zombie for a day after the Halifax trip.  However, I couldn't rest yet, because I had to get to Johnson City Tennessee the following week to deliver a class.  Luckily, the bed in my hotel room there was excellent, and I was able to rest well.

         Johnson City is a relatively small town, but I have to say I've rarely, if ever met nicer people.  For the first time, I felt like I was someplace I could call home if I wanted to move there.  On the other hand, delivering the class was a bit of a challenge.  The students were great, they worked hard to learn this material, but they did not have the background you'd expect for people sitting in a class on IP Networking.  True, my classes are oriented towards our products and systems, but still, they can be challenging.  Two of my students were VA Hospital police officers, one was an electrician, and one a welder.  Yes, only four students in this class, but then that's not too uncommon either.  The class did go well, and I do think they learned quite a bit, it's just a matter of how much they will retain in the coming weeks.

         Now that the four weeks of travel are done, I'm home for a week, before heading out once again, this time for three weeks in a row.  After that, things seem to slow down some, we'll see.  I've included a picture from the National Cemetery in Johnson City in this post.  Snapped it on a chilly morning, I loved the coloring of the day that morning, and had to snap a few shots,  Till next time, y'all have a nice time, it's Spring!  Get outside, enjoy the fresh air, and get some color to your skin!  (I should take my own advice!)

Jim



© Copyright 2014 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813411-A-Relaxing-Week-of-Teaching-in-Tennessee