*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813277-Blogging-Inspiration-and-Trying-Something-New
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#813277 added April 10, 2014 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
Blogging Inspiration and Trying Something New
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 38 – April 10, 2014


What inspired you to Blog?

Blogging had interested for awhile before I actually got started myself. I followed several people here on Writing.com and off site and I was intrigued by the openness and vividness of their blog entries. They were real and authentic and inspiring for my soul. I wanted to be able to connect like that. I do not do that every day - and neither did the ones I read regularly - but there is always that little gen that lands as you write and share your experience.

Joining the Paper Doll Gang had us creating a blog in our portfolio - this excited me - it was like getting permission to 'go for it'. Once it was created though, I did not add much at first. My first entry talks about why I like Writing.com. Then Rhonda started up "Welcome To My Reality Forum and her prompts really got me thinking and writing - that was only the beginning of this year.

Then "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise came back online and I checked it out. Except for one day - I have found the prompts to be fabulous - I missed days when I was on holiday, but I thought about what my response would be and I read other people's responses. Sometimes I find the fact that other people are responding to the same prompt inspires me as I want to be part of the conversation. Yesterday, for instance, talked about what we liked from our generations and I was impressed by the fact that we span the generations beginning with just before the baby boomers. Now there is life experience for you! So much to share and learn from each other. I have written my own response, posted it, then I gone to check what other people have said, only to find my own experience expanded in the process by things I had not considered. I would be curious to see what topics generated the most responses. The circus prompt generated a great deal - who knew we had a lot of closet high flyers here!

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Sixteen


6. When was the last time you tried something new and what was it?

I was initially going to say snorkeling in Mexican cenotes - those lovely caves that wind their way beneath the surface jungle. Oh, the glorious sites to swim among stalagmites and stalactites - but that was actually a few years ago and I have done it many times since - it is an amazing experience if you ever get a chance.

But then I got to thinking more recent would be doing my Blog and putting my writing out there on this website. I have written for as long as I can remember - always telling and creating stories but I tended to keep them to myself except for a few poems that I submitted to my high school literary publication. Putting my writing out here for anyone to see and read exposed myself in a way I had never done before and it has been a wonderful experience taking me further into my writing life and expanded my experience in ways I will cherish for always. I appreciate this site and all the people I have come to know and call my friends. Thank you for moving me forward in the journey. I look forward to more discoveries and adventures.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813277-Blogging-Inspiration-and-Trying-Something-New