*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813491-Risks-and-The-Muppets
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#813491 added April 11, 2014 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
Risks and The Muppets...
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 39 – April 11


Prompt: Which Muppet character do you most identify with? Kermit? Oscar? Gonzo? Statler? Waldorf? Beaker? Elmo? Zoe? Miss Piggy?

I read this and laughed. Seriously? I loved the Muppets. Such characters. I am not sure who Statler or Waldorf were. I am thinking Elmo and Zoe are Sesame Street, as is Oscar.
Who do I identify with? If I think about it I would say – Not Miss Piggy – she has always annoyed me. I love Kermit and Gonzo and Beaker....

But the most loveable and wonderful of all would have to be Grover! I loved Grover - still do, in fact. In my school supply bag is a book called There is a Monster at The End of the Book. I love reading this - in my Grover voice - to Kindergarten classes. They love it. It is hard on my voice though. I would say of all of them he is the one I most identify with - loveable, furry Grover. I even have a stuffed Glover on my book shelf that I add into my supply bag if I know I am teaching in a Kindergarten class.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Sixteen


3. What have you gained or lost by taking a big risk?

I am not much of a risk taker. I tend to travel the line of safety and security. The most risky things in my life would be getting married and going back to school to get my Teaching Certificate.

I had been working as an Educational Assistant for many years - finally attaining a full time, permanent position (that had taken several years to get). After I got married, my husband and I discussed it and I took the leap. I put my EA position on hold - a leave of absence, and went off to Teacher's College. It was a wonderful experience - something I wish I had done years before.

What have I gained from this experience... I am a teacher. I was hired onto the supply list in my Region and I have worked many wonderful classes with many amazing children. I am glad I took the risk. This is what I want to do with my life.

What have I lost by taking this risk... I still do not have my own classroom. I am an 'older' teacher without a class to call my own and that bothers me. Daily supply work is fine, I find it stressful not knowing if and when I will be working. I long for my own class, my own students, my own place in the world and until that happens I feel like I am on the outside looking in. I no longer have a steady income or benefits that I had working as an EA but I do have a husband that has benefits.

One benefit that I do see with daily supply work is that I am not tied in to the paperwork that can bog teaching down - I go in, teach, enjoy working with the students, then leave at the end of the day. I also have more time to write - as I am not working every day.

There are two sides to this... I choose to focus on the positive and I am glad I took the risk.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813491-Risks-and-The-Muppets