*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813802-Pets-and-The-Future
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#813802 added April 14, 2014 at 9:39pm
Restrictions: None
Pets and The Future
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 42 – April 14


If you were given a chance to know what happens in your future, would you take it?
I do not think so. There is no fun in knowing what is coming - particularly if there is a hard patch coming. Sure they pass, but I would rather not know.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventeen


1. What role have pets played in your life?
Since November 2012 we have been an animal - less family. It is odd for me. As a child growing up we always had a cat - except for a few months.
When I was born, my mother (and father) had a grey Persian. Cindy was her name. My father said we should get rid of her before I was born, but my mother would not hear of it. He grew up in an animal free environment. Cindy She was my guardian. She used to sit just outside the sandbox when I was playing in it and chase the neighbour's dog away whenever it got close.
We got a white kitten with one blue eye and one green eye. I named him Timothy - he was the only male pet we ever had. He had some bad habits my mother did not appreciate - crapping outside of his box. So Mom decided we would find a new home for him - a lady came to adopt him. Cindy, however, picked up on his bad habit and my mother decided to give her to a farm family. When she changed her mind and returned to the farm to get her a day or two later, we found out she had run off. It is probable that she met with an unhappy fate - wolves or hit on the highway.
Months after we went shopping to the pet store in New Liskeard, my hometown. Mom said, "We were only looking, not buying." Well, by the time we left that store we had spent a whopping $2.50 and had purchased a little calico kitten. Kerry we named her. Kerry lived to be almost 21. She was my sweetheart. I shared her with my mother and when I moved out on my own, she came with me.
She died the year my husband, then boyfriend and I got together. We introduced her to his dog, Teddy. She was a husky terrier. Teddy was willing to be friends, Kerry, not so much. She died before my husband and I moved in together and within a few months of that I found another calico kitten. I named her Kelsey. She was my cat. My husband only tolerated her. She and Teddy were the best of friends - always close to each other. Teddy died at 14 just as I was writing exams for teacher's college. We all missed her. Kelsey lived to be 17 before she got cancer in her mouth and had to be put down.
Since then we have not had any animals in our house. Christmas 2012 was my first Christmas without a cat - it was hard.
Over the years I have developed allergies to cats - that is just not right, but my husband and I have decided keep things quiet. Maybe someday.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813802-Pets-and-The-Future