*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813855-Letter-to-my-Younger-Self-and-My-Eulogy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#813855 added April 15, 2014 at 2:14pm
Restrictions: None
Letter to my Younger Self and My Eulogy
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 43 – April 15


What should they eulogize? Write the perfect funeral speech for your own funeral.
Okay now this is odd and uncomfortably morbid, but not so much that it is off putting. I read πŸŒ‘ Darleen - QoD 's blog and had to smile at her beginning - so what I was thinking.

I have never had to write a eulogy and the thought of writing mine had me feeling a little depressed as I reflected on where I am in my life now. Then I turned for some inspiration and Brene Brown's book The Gifts of Imperfection spoke to me.
I want to be someone who lives Wholeheartedly. Someone who makes a difference in the world, no matter how small. I want my life to have purpose to mean something and I think we all want that.

So... This morning I have been savouring Brene Brown's The Gifts of Imperfection. I am loving this book and wonder how I can work it into my blog to give other's a chance to find it.. Your guide to a wholehearted life - living authentically. Knowing we are not alone in our vulnerabilities and fears. Facing them, accepting them and taking action despite them is what and who we are - hiding behind façades and masks; acting as others expect us to act is not giving of our whole Self. We need to let go of who we think we're supposed to be and embrace who we really are. Frightening, yes, but in order to live fully and wholeheartedly one must be willing to face life and all it has to offer.

There are books we meet, read and assimilate into our being - this is one of them. Reading and taking the steps brings me closer to the person I want to be. Accepting who I am right now as worthy and enough and moving forward in that grace and knowledge. I can be as I am now and move forward. It is not all about when I get or when I am; It is here I am. This is me. Accept me, love me or don't. That is your choice. I choose not to be broken by your denouncement, if that is your choice; and though I appreciate those who choose to like and accept me, I will try to not let it define me. I am vulnerable, but not broken or weak. I have resilience and inner strength because I am not alone in this. And neither are you.

Brown sets out 10 guideposts that she delves into; they are:
Cultivating Authenticity
Cultivating Self-Compassion
Cultivating a Resilient Spirit
Cultivating Gratitude and Joy
Cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith
Cultivating Creativity
Cultivating Play and Rest
Cultivating Calm and Stillness
Cultivating Meaningful Work
Cultivating Laughter, Song and Dance

What she says is not something new necessarily, but it speaks to my soul, in that my inner knowing resonates with how she approaches this topic. In doing so, I have come to appreciate her approach and her candor with the subject.

If I can live this way...I will be enough. I will be worthy. My legacy will live on in what I have shared with others and my life will be a reflection of living fully and giving God honour.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventeen


5. Write a letter to your younger self or older self, what will you tell them?
The letter I would write to my younger self would teach me to live whole heartedly - so much earlier. I have held myself back because of my fears - fear of success, fear of failure - a paralysis to even try. I would want my younger self to go for it. Take the risks and see where it leads. All too often I feel like I follow the wind - go where it blows me without too much resistance. Life is meant to be lived and savoured, not hidden and cowering. Shed fear and jump. See what is on the other side. Write a fabulous story - my own life.

Today's poem:

Easter dreams of warmer weather
The grip of winter released
Flowers poke their heads out
Kissing the fresh breath of spring


© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813855-Letter-to-my-Younger-Self-and-My-Eulogy