*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815095-To-Potty-or-not-To-Potty
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1985722
Ongoing stories about our rat terrier
#815095 added May 6, 2014 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
To Potty or not To Potty
Our dog Buddy has his own existential understanding of what it means to take care of business.
1. Buddy refuses to go out into the rain or snow for that matter. I have no idea what makes rain such a problem, but I think maybe he does not want his really good stuff to get watered down or frozen up.
2. Buddy is quite the contortionist in expressing himself. He will raise his right and leg well up over his head. He seems to know just where he wants to share his potty (party). He tends to pee on poles and such. He also has a knack for doing his thing in the yard of a dog that he is having trouble with. It almost seems like he is offering a message. This is especially true of his poop. He seems to seek out certain people to share this balm. I do not think he realizes that I am the one to pick it up. Maybe the message is for me.
3. The cats get special treatment. He always saves some pee to put on some doggy mats in front of the bathroom the cats use. I wonder if it his way of giving a love offering.
4. There are times I do not have him figured out at all. Today he did his world famous raise the leg trick and then pooped. Why is this so? I have no idea, ask Buddy. I wonder if he realizes that some people are not impressed.
5. The last thing to say about Buddy's existential decisions is that they all have meaning to someone. Maybe God created Buddy to deliver messages to all who have not received the gospel. That may be true for some people in the neighborhood. What about delivering his message to my friends and family back East. To Potty or not to Potty that is the question.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815095-To-Potty-or-not-To-Potty