*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814921-Social-Media-Fears-and-Noteable-Dinner-Guests
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#814921 added April 24, 2014 at 8:09pm
Restrictions: None
Social Media, Fears and Noteable Dinner Guests
Today's blogs...

Welcome To My Reality - Week Eighteen


2. What do you fear the most?

Abandonment is probably the biggest with fear of success and fear of failure not too far behind.

I remember having nightmares as a child. My parents were separating at the same time a new housing development was being built in our small town. The houses all looked the same. In my nightmare I was trying to find my parents and they had moved into this new subdivision and I could not find the house or them. I was lost and alone and nobody seemed to care.

Success and failure battle it out - wanting to do well, but not wanting to do badly. And if I do well... can I maintain the success and not let everyone down that I initially impressed. Working through the paralysis that is my life. I try to follow the philosophy of breathe and move - forward and try, always try to do my best, then let it go.

4. What is my opinion of social media?

Social media is both helpful and invasive. It can pull you in and steal time - something I try to monitor as best I can. With Facebook, I like that I can keep in touch with family and friends who have moved away or live in other parts of the country. I like that I can keep in touch with authors I enjoy - there is a lot of funny stuff that gets posted on my main page - I am always assured of something to smile at or about.

I have a twitter account but I tend not to use it much - I have some interesting writing links. Some of them organize writing sprints which help during Camp Nano and NaNoWriMo. Other than that I find it confusing.

I am not part of anything else except my participation here at Writing.Com and Writer's Carnival - those aren't social media, though.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City - Day 52 - April 24, 2014


What 5 characters would I invite to dinner?

This is an intriguing topic... and who would I choose? Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice, Jo March from Little Women, I might throw in Mr. Darcy (just for fun), Anne of Green Gables (once she is a little more grown), and Emma from Emma. Poor Mr. Darcy - he could probably hold his own, but if I left him out I might be inclined to add Stephanie Plum to mix it up a bit. Strong, interesting women.

We would have a hearty meal - a beef stew with potatoes and carrots. Fresh baked bread and butter. And a fresh salad with lovely mixed greens, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese with Greek feta dressing. Red wine and tea.

After dinner we would take our drinks out into the garden to sit and continue our conversation.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814921-Social-Media-Fears-and-Noteable-Dinner-Guests