*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814990-Dream-Job-and-Scent-Memories
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#814990 added April 25, 2014 at 9:58pm
Restrictions: None
Dream Job and Scent Memories
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 53 – April 25, 2014.


Prompt: What scents bring back vivid memories for you?

Fresh baked bread and wood smoke from my Gramzie's old stove and grape gum.

These are all tied to my childhood. My grandmother was an amazing cook. Her biscuits and bread where sooooo good. She was a whizz cooking on her huge wood stove. That stove was their heat and their cook top. Gramzie lit it everyday - even in the summer.

The grape gum is also tied to my grandmother. She hated the smell of grape gum. I did not mind it, but what I liked was her reaction when she smelt it. One day, I was probably five at the time, I place an empty grape gum wrapped on her nose while she napped. I wanted to see how long it would take her to wake up.... not very long! But she never got angry with me. Just whipped it off her nose and shook her head at me. We both shared a laugh before she went back to her nap.


Border for my personal use.

Welcome To My Reality - Week Eighteen


5. What is your dream career?

Much of this answer will depend on whether this is fantasy dream or more real dream career...
Fantasy would be writing around the world - experiencing the world and writing in each little corner of it - from an apartment in Paris to the moors of England.

If I take a more realistic edge to this topic - I would say it would have to include writing and teaching. I would have my own classroom - either special education or primary - say grade 2, 3 or 4. If I taught half time I would prefer to teach the language portion of the day. I did a long term contract position where I taught in a grade 3/4 classroom. I taught language, art and computers. I taught in the afternoon - I would have preferred to have taught in the mornings - but aside from that I loved the class. The students were challenging (but many of them had IEPs in language and struggled with attention in the afternoon) - but they were a wonderful group of students. To teach half time and write the other half would be fabulous. I would have my summers to travel and write - just lovely.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814990-Dream-Job-and-Scent-Memories