*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815176-Its-Potty-time
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1985722
Ongoing stories about our rat terrier
#815176 added May 6, 2014 at 6:16pm
Restrictions: None
It's Potty time
I have a grandson who is in the potty training stage. I realize that it is serious business and worth celebrating each step that he makes toward independence. Buddy takes celebration of potty time to a whole new level. I am hard at work and I get a phone call at 11 pm. I think to myself it must be some emergency. No one calls me at work unless something is of imminent danger. On the other side of the cell phone is my wife and she sounds like she is celebrating the birth of a new child.
"Honey, I just took Buddy out and he went poo poo and I thought you ought to know. What a good dog he is!"

Even at this moment I shake my head. You have got to be kidding. Now if my grandson is doing well with his program I understand, but Buddy being taken out at 11 pm when most sane people are asleep and doing his poo poo!. I bet no one ever got that excited when I went potty. The cats could care less. And I would never think to celebrate my wife's marvelous potty success. You'd think instead of potty we were having a party. If you want to have a good time come to Kansas and you can enjoy our little party of celebrating a dog going potty. I bet you do not have anything like that in Massachusetts.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815176-Its-Potty-time