*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815764-Buddy-and-Etiquette
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1985722
Ongoing stories about our rat terrier
#815764 added May 6, 2014 at 6:23pm
Restrictions: None
Buddy and Etiquette
I am amazed at Buddy's manners. I wonder if he is trying to teach something to me in a weird kind of way. I will offer some thoughts and reflections. Buddy is a strange dog in the world where manners are important. I am just not too sure that Buddy even cares. He is writing a book of his own.

I asked my wife if she thought Buddy had any girl friends. Some people might see Buddy as a babe magnet. I am not overly impressed. He has two female dogs he shares "manners" with. The one I am most familiar with barks at Buddy. Buddy is all ears and goes back to meet her after she barks at him for a while. He pulls his back feet behind him like a bull ready to charge. He pees and leaves. What a way to look at manners from Buddy's perspective. Do you suppose they are in love? Buddy has his way with the women. Just ask Sharon. He does what ever she wants. And then I scratch my head in wonder when I realize that Buddy goes to bed with my wife when I am not there. Should I be concerned?

I watch this dog in hopes that he might teach me something. His favorite gift is taking care of business. Many of us get used to asking how one of our friends and family members are doing. With Buddy the big question deals with whether he poos or not. Just think what would happen if I demanded this from my friends. I will never understand the manner in which he decides to do his poop. The only thing I know for sure that he is proud of himself and demands an audience.

Most recently Buddy attended out pulpit committee video conference session. The only reason he was out and about was because he made a racket in his cage. We are being real intense in our conversation and Buddy jumps on top of us. He wants to meet the pulpit committee. He has to know whether they care about his poo. Will they invite him into their church. Buddy hears that he is invited and is ecstatic. It pays to have good manners.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815764-Buddy-and-Etiquette