*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815193-Final-Entry-Not--Just-Distracted
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#815193 added April 28, 2014 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
Final Entry? Not. Just Distracted.
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 56 – April 28, 2014


If you could post only one more blog entry FOREVER, what would you say?

This is a heavy topic... I would want to make a difference in the lives of those who read my blog - I would want to inspire and leave others with a sense of 'they can do it'.

Sunday is a day for me to watch Christian programming and Oprah's Super Soul Sunday. I find I am uplifted by the experience and would like to share some of what I have learned here.

The most important message that I inhaled yesterday was from Elizabeth Lesser, the founder of the Omega Centre and the author of The Seeker's Guide, she shared her practice - which is: to PRACTICE LOVE. To do that she consciously looks for ways to lift others up and do them. Simple, yet powerful. That is something I would like to practice: To make the world a better place one little action at a time; one person at a time.

The other two shows I watched were Pastors and their messages were related - pay attention to the small still voice inside you that guides you and protects you. Those gut instincts or what others may call intuition are God's way of guiding you and keeping you safe. If you do not listen you miss the blessing. We have surely all had those moments when something didn’t feel right or something else felt very right.

That same message is one that resonates with me and is one of the foundational elements of Julia Cameron's work (The Artist's Way) when she speaks of the Great Creator as GOD - Good Orderly Direction.

Tuning in and paying attention to that aspect of ourselves can only be helpful, regardless of what you deem it. I challenge you to try it.

Live Happy and Prosper. We all deserve it.


Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Nineteen


3.What are the biggest distractions in your life?

I get hung up on things. Nerves plague me. I find if I do not focus, I can get lost in the quagmire of worrisome thoughts and panicky quickenings. Taking a supply job, one that is at a school I do not know, putting myself into a new situation can render me stuck - a kind of paralysis. I will find myself standing in the kitchen not moving - like my wheels are spinning in mud - inside I am going a hundred miles an hour but outside I am stuck in place.

I need to take some deep, calming breaths and take little steps to get myself focused. Making lists helps - being able to stroke off each item gives a sense of accomplishment.

Once the supply job is finished for the day - I feel a great sense of accomplishment and I am glad I went - but the build up can be overwhelming at times. Particularly if supply days are few and far between. The more regularly I work the better I feel.

But this does not really answer the question of biggest distractions... things like numbing myself with hours of mindless television or playing games on Facebook. Both of those suck time away and leave me feeling defeated.

I need to stick to my lists and keep the television off during the day when I am not working. Computer time is focused on what needs doing - 750words.com and my blogs - help to clear my head and focus me. Emails need to be checked and addressed, then any other work that needs doing. If I find Facebook or Twitter calling I will temporarily log out of those programs so I can't see the numbers showing me how many comments have been added.
If things get too much I take myself outside for a brisk walk.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815193-Final-Entry-Not--Just-Distracted