*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815051-Tears-and-Time-On-The-Internet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#815051 added April 26, 2014 at 12:30pm
Restrictions: None
Tears and Time On The Internet
Today's blogs....

Welcome To My Reality - Week Eighteen


7. When was the last time you cried and what caused those tears?

I was initially thinking this had to be a sad things... but having just had a few tears a moment ago, I realized that I can cry quite easily and often do when I am moved by something emotionally stirring. I just read one of the blog posts from yesterday - Christmas scents and a story of a house tour.

Happy tears. They are most definitely the best kind.

I find I am often moved by television commercials that have an emotional element. They play on the heart strings and I am pulled in - damp eyes really help to clear the dust out anyway.

Movies can get me - Steel Magnolia's gets me every time - and often it is laughter through your tears - now that is even better.
Every time an emotional aspect comes up in a movie my husband will lean across and see if I am fighting or hiding my teary eyes - he will smile as I swat at him. Silly boy.

Heck, even writing this I am tearing up and laughing at myself.


Border for my personal use.



Blog City – Day 54 – April 26, 2014


Prompt: How much time do you spend on the internet on an average day? Do you think it's too much?

This is quite appropriate as I heard yesterday that the average person spends 11 hours a day. It is very possible. Many jobs have people working on computers these days, but even our 'free' hours are spent attached to some kind of devise.

I will admit, I do not use my phone too much but I will 'what's up' my husband during his break and dinner times when he is working on nights. My phone also links me in to the Subfinder system to pick up supply teaching jobs so I do check that occasionally.

As for the computer... not a day goes by that I do not sit down and open up my laptop. Hours can be spent. I check my emails - both from hot mail and here on Writing.com. Then there is my 20 to 30 minutes I spend on 750words.com writing my daily quota of words. Some days I am quicker than others and I usually write my blog posts on there first before copying them into the Writing.com site. I have a few favourite sites - one of them is Writing.com and I can spend hours on there alone - reading and reviewing, 'conversing' through the blogs and email posts. I also touch base on Facebook and Twitter, but I try to limit my time there as it can be a vortex of lost time - hours can literally disappear! I used to play a lot of games on Facebook - I do not do that as much now.

Goggling information happens quite frequently in our home - something slips our mind or we need to know a specific fact - we Google it and feel the relief that we found the answer that was plaguing us.

I do try to write on my computer - off line, as well, but the link to the internet is always open so if I need a quick fix I can get it.
On a recent trip to Mexico - both my husband and I took our tablets and hooked up for, I'd say the better part of an hour a day. This was the first year we have done this. Most years we go without. But this year, as we were getting ready to go, I was worried about blowing my 138 writing streak on 750words.com (I did, by the way - but it was not as devastating as I thought it was going to be). Getting wrapped up in that worry really was silly. Vacations are for doing things not sitting around on the computer.

I find I do watch less television now, though - so in a way I am more connected than I just to be. I just need to put reasonable limits and make sure I get out for more activity - this age and gaining weight thing is bothering me - and the miserable winter and inside renovations has limited my walks and yoga sessions.

So to answer the question with regard to how much time do I spend on the internet... well, I got up just before nine and it is just after noon - I would say I have been on for a least 2 hours already today - but I am getting off after I post these blogs.... to do some housework.... that is the plan, anyway.....


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815051-Tears-and-Time-On-The-Internet