*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815403-Treasures-and-Who-Would-Make-A-Good-Book-Character
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#815403 added April 30, 2014 at 12:05pm
Restrictions: None
Treasures and Who Would Make A Good Book Character
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 58 – April 30, 2014


Prompt: What treasures do you display inside your home?

As I look around my home, currently in a state of upheaval, thanks to my husband's decision to start ripping up the floors just before the weather got too awful to finish - who knows when he will finish now. I try to spy my treasures. Is there really anything here I prize and could not do without? Not really. Sure there are things I cherish and desire, but I would not be crushed if they were lost. In this mess, I am not sure where to find them anyway...

That said... I do have a collection of Boyd Bears - a school house and a library and teacher figurines - all received as gifts. I do have piles of books - so many in fact, that they will not all fit on the shelves. Believe it or not, I have actually gone through and gotten rid of many - mostly novels that I have finished. I try to sell them to used bookstores so that I can get a little back for them. Money to buy more books.
I have my laptop that keeps me connected... but I am not sure I would call that a treasure.

Things I would treasure would be the fact that there is a robin's nest attached to our fence and a little forest behind our house. In the morning when I look outside I see rabbits nibbling at the lawn - there were four out there this morning. I treasure that my mother lives a mere 5 to 10 minute drive from my house and I can walk there in just over 30 minutes. I treasure my health and that of my family. I treasure my friendships. I think it is those things that are more of a treasure than things.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Nineteen


1.Which person in your life would make a great book character?

I can pull bits of the people I know into many an interesting character. It is often how my mind works. Bits of myself and my friends often find their way into my character development in the beginning - then the character takes on a life of their own.

I had one friend about ten years ago that I have used in one of my in progress novels - I have actually had to tone her down because I do not think people would honestly believe all that she does - but even toned down she adds heartily to my story - she is also not a main character, as that would be too overwhelming. She makes a good antagonist and adds great conflict and helps develop my main character.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815403-Treasures-and-Who-Would-Make-A-Good-Book-Character