*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815479-Introductions-Writing-Priorities-and-Trip-Sightings
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#815479 added May 1, 2014 at 10:04am
Restrictions: None
Introductions, Writing Priorities and Trip Sightings
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 59 - May 1


What is the best thing you ever saw on a trip?

I have been blessed with the opportunity to travel. My husband and I have been to Las Vegas, Florida, Ohio, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Mexico (Mayan Riviera). We have even gone to Cape Breton Island and Halifax in Nova Scotia. Without my husband I have been as far north as Timmins and Sault Ste. Marie in Ontario and as far west as Victoria on Vancouver Island. I have also driven down to Florida on I - 75 and returned on I - 95 going in to Washington D.C. for a look see. That is pretty good for me.

What is the best thing I ever saw? Now that is hard to pick one thing. Each place has its own unique beauty and grandeur - Mountains, Oceans (both warm and cold), farmland, Canyons, Cenotes.

I love the natural world, but man - made stuff is not too bad either. The Hoover Dam, the Vegas Strip, Rollercoasters and such in Disney World, Cedar Point and Universal Studios.

But of all the places, one of my favourites is Xel Ha and a close second is Xcaret in the Mayan Riviera. Both places allow you to snorkel in natural areas. Xel Ha is classed at the world's most beautiful natural aquarium. You can float and snorkel down a fresh water river through mangroves and come out in an area that mixes with the seawater from the ocean. There is a glass partition that separates the ocean from the inlet - keeping out anything unsavoury but there is one Barracuda in the mix. When we went in March the Barracuda swam by me then circled around to head right for me. I go the heck out of its way, but my husband was quite happy to do the photo shoot - by the time he looked up all the people around us, me included were out of the water. We also saw a huge turtle, several sting rays, and beautiful tropical fish. They even have manatees but they are in a fenced in area and you can go in and feed them (for an additional cost). There are also dolphins to swim with for an additional cost.

Xcaret is a park by the sea where you can experience the natural and cultural richness of Mexico. I loved swimming in the cenotes - underwater caves. There was also an evening show that depicted the history and culture of the area from the Mayan civilization all the way up through the Spanish invasion. The area was huge and my husband is sure it is the one used in the area scene of the Hunger Games movie.

Border for my personal use.


30-day Bloggers Challenge


May 1: Introduce yourself to a group of strangers where they find you interesting. I wanna see and read an interactive introduction.

Well people I am so glad you could make it. Sorry for the mess, we are currently living through a renovation. My husband is intent on doing it himself, but I am not sure when he intends to finish it. I will just fix us some coffees and we can go sit out back anyway. The birds and rabbits will probably come out once we settle in.

Oh, don't mind that it's just my supply bag... keeps getting bigger. You never know what grade you'll get and last week I had to teach music and the teacher did not leave me any music CDs. I usually have my own, but not that day. I had to wing it with a class of grade ones. That was a day... so I had to go through and add more necessities. Don't want to get caught like that again. Need to be prepared.
Oh, did I leave my laptop out here... well, not to worry. I was working on some poems and a short story for a contest... I only have a few more days to get them submitted; I got a little distracted with the Writing.com website. Have you heard of it? Oh, it is amazing. I have met so many people and they are so friendly and helpful. I swear my writing has improved since I started on there a year ago.

Now let’s see... before we start this lovely book discussion... we need treats.... cookies or chocolate, ladies. Oh don't worry, I have plenty of both. I even picked up a package of Cinnabons for this special occasion.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Nineteen


6.What priority does writing and/or Writing.com have in your life?

Right now writing is a huge priority in my life. I try to start first thing in the morning. If I am writing poetry I often try to write by hand. I find it easier to get in touch with the emotions and connections the poems need to convey. I write every day. I try to do a minimum of 750 words a day - writing on the site 750words.com gets me started. I often copy and paste my blog prompts from Writing.com onto that site and then copy them back to Writing.com to finish editing them there.

I belong to a couple of writing website communities, but right now Writing.com is my 'go to' site. First thing I do after I open my laptop is go check my emails - I love those little red markers to tell me I have mail or something is in my newsfeed or added to my 'bell'.
I do about 1 to 3 blog prompts a day - I am a member of Blog City, Welcome To My Reality and, beginning today - The 30-day Blogging Challenge.

I also work on short stories, poems and other writings.

I make the effort to write everyday - 750 words is the minimum.

I do not worry if it is crap, I do not wait for my muse, I just write. With any luck my muse will join me and creation occurs.

There are a few other writing websites that I check out, but I do not visit them as consistently.

I love the contests, the social aspects and the challenges on Writing.com. I am currently revving up for The Game of Thrones. Excited but nervous about pulling well for my team - Dark Dreamscapes and House Baratheon.

















© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815479-Introductions-Writing-Priorities-and-Trip-Sightings