*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816285-Advice-and-Plans-For-Summer
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#816285 added May 8, 2014 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Advice and Plans For Summer
Today's blog...

Welcome To My Reality - Week Twenty


Share some good advice. It could be for a new parent, someone who just got married, a Writing.com newbie, a teenager leaving home, a person who has had a major upheaval in their life... Anyone.

I would say live a whole hearted life. I do that one must not be afraid to show your vulnerable side and be open to making connections with others at that more vulnerable level. We all make fools of ourselves - set up and face that - you may be surprised how many others may sympathize or empathize with you. We are not alone in our foibles. Sharing them with other makes us real, makes us authentic, makes us whole. Those who look at you coldly or with distaste are only afraid of their own vulnerabilities and are not as enlightened as you are if you choose to be open and vulnerable.

Being comfortable with our imperfections frees us up to live; to come out of our shells and make connections to others who are just as open. And wouldn't you want to be with people who are 'real' with you; not people hiding their true selves.

Believe that you are enough because you are. Be kind to yourself. Be grateful for what you have at this moment. Trust your intuition - that is a higher power's way of protecting and guiding you - GOD is Good Orderly Direction (even if you are not a believer).

Cultivate a Resilient Spirit - In Brene Brown's book The Gifts of Imperfection - she write that resilient people are resourceful and good problem solvers, they are more likely to seek help, hold the belief that they can do something that will help them to manage their feelings and cope, have a social support system available to them, and they are connected to others.

Also take time to let your creative reign. Take time to play and to rest. Develop your calm and be comfortable with stillness - I love nature walks for this. Find meaningful work - whether it is raising your children, building corporations or collecting garbage - it has to feel meaningful to you.

And last but not least find time to laugh, sing and dance - whether someone is watching or not.

I found a little gem in Brene Brown's book and I want to share it with others because it resonates so much with me. It is a mere 138 pages but packed with 'truths'.

I find blogging allows me to practice living with my whole heart and I work towards moving beyond the cyber world to make all parts of my life the same way. Start small, where things feel comfortable and stretch from there.

Be the person you where meant to be, not what society and others impose on you.

Enough of the seriousness...

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 66


Prompt: What are your plans for the summer?

Summer, sweet summer.
Days of freedom
No supplying
Which means open time.
Time to write, read and play.
But also time to
Tackle those things
left undone when
the world pressed
its constraints on me.
Time to clean
Time to reorganize
Time to set another
Battle plan for the Fall
All in an attempt to
Prepare for the Future.

Feels like the ant and the grasshopper story...


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816285-Advice-and-Plans-For-Summer