*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816219-What-You-Would-Never-Know-Resonant-Books-and-Ranting
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#816219 added May 7, 2014 at 10:57pm
Restrictions: None
What You Would Never Know, Resonant Books and Ranting,
Today's Blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge – May 7


Nobody knows that I . . .

Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen, nobody knows but.... Farmer Fred and he ain’t talkin’. Seems his cows been using the type writer again and instead of just asking for blankets in the barn, they want... they want pedicures! Betsy, Bella and Bovine all want their nails done in flashy pink for the summer and Farmer Fred is horrified! Just like before, they’ve gone on strike – on milk until their requests have been met. There are even rumours the ducks want piercings in their bills. Farmer Fred is thinking it might be time to give up the farm and head to the city – life might be simpler there.

Sorry, I got a little crazy on the prompt today – been reading children’s books again when I go in to supply in primary classes... besides, I don’t want to make it too easy for my rivals in the other House’s to scoop stuff about me. Don’t want to be too much of an open book.... speaking of books....

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 65 – May 7


Prompt: Write about a book that you recently read that stayed with you after you closed the last page.

I read a lot so I have a lot to choose from but what comes to mind is Barbara Kingsolver's The Bean Trees. When I started reading the book I was curious of the title -not really knowing how it worked in. By the end it all came together in a way that resonated with me well over a year later. The Bean Trees is a plant that only grows in a certain place I believe and its importance and lifespan reflect that of what the characters in the story have gone through. While the details are dusty in my mind the feeling I had when I finished the book has stayed with me. I have also read her novel, The Poisonwood Bible and felt equally enthralled. Right now I am reading Flight Behaviour and even though I am struggling a bit to stay focused on it, I read on thinking that I will experience what I had with her other books. There is always some deeply meaningful resonance within the novel that carries it into my 'this is a keeper' pile of books.

If I had to pick a more recent book... I would say... I have been reading a lot of lighter novels - romance novels that move me, but that are easily cast off with a new read.

Only the Barbara Kingsolver novels seem to have a staying resonance that rings for a long time.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Twenty


7. Do you ever rant in writing? What pushes your buttons and makes you angry enough to write it down? If you do rant in writing, do you share it?

Rant in writing
That's what I do
I sit and stew and let it goo (make sure you say that with a tweek to make stew and goo rhyme - can you do it)
I publish my rants
On public poles
But never once
Do I ever sign 'em.

This is not true, of course... it is just me needing a nap - I get a little silly without sleep.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816219-What-You-Would-Never-Know-Resonant-Books-and-Ranting