*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816449-Messy-VS-Noisy-and-Fraud
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#816449 added May 10, 2014 at 7:48pm
Restrictions: None
Messy VS. Noisy and Fraud...
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 68 – May 10


What's tougher: living with someone messy or someone noisy?

Now I initially thought this would be a no brainer - I thought, being someone who enjoys writing, I would prefer the quiet and find living with someone noisy to be the tougher of the two... but then I got to thinking. (Yes, that can be a scary thing for me to do!) I often like to write at places like Starbucks - surrounded by noise I can largely tune out if need be. The thing is, in that situation I have a choice and I have chosen to be in that environment - often because it was just too quiet and lonely at home. But at home, if it is noisy, I am not always at liberty to escape the onslaught. Right now, as I sit here writing this, the TV downstairs is blaring with my husband's preferred show - what bothers me more than the noise is not knowing what he is watching. Most of the time I can tune it out and at other times I can move upstairs to the bedroom.

If I lived with a drummer or a pack of children that might be different.

Living with someone messy - that could pose a bigger problem, particularly if they did not respect your space and dropped their junk on top of your current writing project - or worse yet, picking up a pile they think is their junk and accidentally including your stuff in the mix - only to forget where they dumped it.

I often find I can not write or work on other projects until my space is cleared - it is one thing if it is my stuff, quite frustrating if it belongs to someone else.

So which it tougher? They both have elements I can tolerate and elements that can drive me round the bend. I think it comes down to having ways to cope in either situation to make life livable for the most part.

Now I am curious what other people have written... as I feel I am most indecisive on this topic.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge - May 10


Prompt: Tell or share your readers what biggest fraud you have experienced from others or from close friends. How did you react?

Fraud. What is fraud exactly? The dictionary defines it as:
Fraud - noun
1. deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
2. a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.
3. any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.
4. a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

At this moment, I can not actually remember any - other than, my parents continuing with the social expectations surrounding Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

My friend's parents told her about the Sandman. He would come and put sleep in your eyes if you were still awake when he made his rounds in the night. When my friend told me that I was afraid - how are you supposed to sleep after hearing a story like that?

But for her and her brother, they were both night owls, so their parents told them that tale to get them to go to bed. For me, a child who went to bed and liked to sleep and did not come out until morning, it was not necessary. The tale disturbed me.

The things parents tell their children to get things to happen - sure it preserves their sanity and gives them leverage against bad behaviour (You better not shout, you better not cry, you better pout. I'm telling you why. Santa Claus is coming to town) - but it is essentially a fraud in that is gives them an advantage in telling these 'faulty' tales.

It really does not hurt anything - but they were really lying to us. And we in turn, do it to the next generation. A kind of accepted fraud that is part of childhood.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816449-Messy-VS-Noisy-and-Fraud