*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816804-Life-is-fragile-handle-with
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#816804 added May 14, 2014 at 11:34am
Restrictions: None
Life is fragile handle with...
May 14, 2014 prompt:


Finish this sentence ten different ways: Live is fragile handle with



I started writing and with several graduations and weddings coming up this letter seemed the best way to finish the sentences.






My darling girl





On the eve of you going out into the world, please let me give you some advice. It's not the wishy-washy nonsense one normally hears at graduations, but words of wisdom gained by someone in the trenches.





The phrase "Life is fragile handle with prayer," is cliché` and almost meaningless. Life needs prayer but not with good vibrations sent out to the harmless universe.  Real prayer is impactful, meaningful and changes not God or your circumstances but you so that God can use you in those circumstances. Pray mindfully.





Life is fragile handle it with love. Not romantic, sappy love my darling, but real LOVE. Love is an action word. Love commits, embraces and in one of its most surprising forms is tough. Don't be afraid to love with actions as well as words.





Life is fragile handle with tact. Political correctness makes everyone afraid to say what needs to be said. An' in your face' attitude will put people off and throw up walls. Tact finds a way to say what needs to be said without bruising feelings or egos. A very hard lesson my darling that I am still learning.





Circumstances sometimes will just suck. There is no other way to say it. At times, it may be your fault, other times it may not. Do what you can to change what you can, pray and then let go.  Life is fragile handle with faith. Trust that "all works together for good for those who love the Lord.." It is good not to be in charge of everything at all times.





And if circumstances are sucky remember your purpose and your integrity. Ambition is a fine thing but it may not be your purpose for being on this earth.  Jobs are not purpose. Life is fragile handle with purpose.


On the way to finding your purpose, using your ambition, don't forget your integrity. Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reason is difficult. Regret is a bitch to live with so don't let your ambition ride over your integrity. Life is hard handle with integrity.





What's next on the list, my sweet girl? Respect. Life is fragile handle with respect. How do you respect life? By treating everyone fairly. The golden rule of "do unto others.." is not a bad way to make your way in the world.


Life is fragile handle with forgiveness. It paves the way for new beginnings. Forgiveness is hard to give and even harder to receive. Oh Sweet one, this is one of the most difficult lessons to learn and yet if you can you will have a life free of regret.





A thousand million billon cells, chemical and circumstances have come together to make you who you are. No one has seen exactly what you have seen or been exactly where you have been. You are unique. Your life is precious. That statement alone deserves your wonder and awe. Life is fragile handle with awe. Sorry the wishy- washyness snuck on me.





This is getting way too serious. Life is fragile handle with humor. Life is too short, too uncertain not to laugh when you get the chance. Laughter will lighten most loads life throws at us. A smile will lift spirits: yours and whoever you meet.


So what am I saying my darling girl?





I am saying that life can be hard. It can be dirty and unfair. It can be soul crushing at times. And yet, with Love, Prayer, Faith, Purpose, Integrity, Tact, Respect, Forgiveness, Humor and Awe can it a life worth living.


Live well


From your Aunt Lani























Lani








Lani

© Copyright 2014 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816804-Life-is-fragile-handle-with