*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816897-The-Decision-Prompt-for-51514
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1991011
This is a collection of my "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge" entries.
#816897 added May 15, 2014 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
The Decision (Prompt for 5/15/14)
I can hear him pounding on the door endlessly. He just will not give up.

“Let me in Kelly”, James yells out.

Maybe, I should let him in. I don’t want to make this any worse for me. Besides, his brother is with him.

“Don’t let them in”, Isabella said.

She is my twin sister. We are always looking out for each other.

“It’s time you leave James, Kelly.”

“He’s not that bad. It’s not his fault. He’s not always like that”.

“Stop making excuses for him”, she raises her voice.

The pounding is getting louder and louder. I should let him in before something bad happens.

“I just want to talk. Let me in”.

“You can talk through the door”.

“Stay out of this Isabella. This is between me and Kelly”.

“No, the door is between you and Kelly. I’m next in line”.

“Kelly. I love you sis. I know you love James. But he doesn’t want to get better. The best thing you can do is to leave him. He has to want to get better”.

“I can fix him, I know I can”.

“No, you can’t sweaty”

Tears started to drip down my face. I know she is right. I just needed her to help me to see that James and I are over.

“What…do I do now?”

She handed me the phone, “Call 911. This is your house”.

Isabella reminded me that this has to be my decision and she will be here to support me. She is right. It’s time that I open the door to my freedom and let go of the chains that were holding me back. I can’t allow James to hold me back any longer. If he doesn’t accept that we are over that is his problem.


Word Count: 296
Prompt: Write a story that includes the line: "Don't let them in"
© Copyright 2014 Agape Novels (UN: joshuapenick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Agape Novels has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816897-The-Decision-Prompt-for-51514