*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817292-Movies-Bystanders-and-Greatest-Challenges
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#817292 added May 19, 2014 at 10:02am
Restrictions: None
Movies, Bystanders and Greatest Challenges
Today's blogs....

Welcome To My Reality - Week Twenty - Two.


1. What was the last movie you saw? Would you recommend it to others? why or why not?

The last movie I saw was the second installment of The Hobbit. It was good, but I am a little put off by the fact that a slim volume is taking three movies to tell the tale when The Lord of the Rings took the same number of movies and covered three books all much bigger and with more going on than this book. I realize it comes down to a money making venture but still - having to wait a year to see the next portion is frustrating. I think I enjoyed the little animated version I saw back in grade 7 or 8 much more. Then I did not know the story but they movie was good and held my interest. This one, though good, is almost too long.

So would I recommend it? I would say you should see the first one first or possibly wait for the last movie then watch the others in a marathon beforehand - I am sure by then the other two DVDs will be out. My husband, never read the books, so he was bored with the slower action. I think packing it into one movie would have made him enjoy it more. So unless you have read the book and want to see everything played out in detail (which I do like) I would take a pass on this, really.

When I went to the movies I had also wanted to see Divergent (another book I liked and had recently finished reading) but I had to choose and this one had come out before the other. so now I wait to see the other and also wait to get the next book in the Divergent series in soft cover - if it is anything like they did with The Hunger Games - it will be awhile for that to happen.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 77 – May 19


Do bystanders have a responsibility to intervene when someone is in trouble? Why or Why not?

I would say 'yes' they should help. If were not such a gawky group who stare in the face of trouble and freeze up I think the trouble may actually be avoided in the first place.

No bully is going to pick on someone if he has an audience ready to step up and defend the person he has chosen as weak. And besides if we all stand together we are no longer weak.

When the trouble becomes more violent - I would say, step up unless you are alone and will only make the situation worse for both of you getting hurt. If you can scream and bring more help by all means contribute to help the situation.

I actually like watching that show "What would you do?' - I think that is what it is called and they put on a situation and see what people would do to intervene or not, then they interview the people later after they explain it was just a roust and find out why the people who did help, helped.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge – May 19


"We're open to the greatest change when we hit our lowest point."

Desperate measures call for desperate actions. When we are faced with rock bottom, the only way is back up or death. Most people will fight for the right to live and want to live well. When we have nothing more to lose we take a chance and risk it all, hoping it will pay off for the better.

I sound like a cliche but these are the things that pop into my head at this moment.




© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817292-Movies-Bystanders-and-Greatest-Challenges