*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817802-My-First-Camera-and-Negotiations
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#817802 added May 24, 2014 at 10:39pm
Restrictions: None
My First Camera and Negotiations
Today's blogs... almost got forgotten!

Blog City – Day 82 – May 24


Prompt: What kind of camera did you take your first photographs with? What do you love to photograph?

I remember the camera. It was before I got a 35mm camera. The film moved from one side to the other – like a little cassette tape that could not be rewound. The camera itself was no longer than the palm of my hand and maybe as wide as my palm. It was also 2 inches thick. Smaller than a VHS tape but the same thickness. I loved that little camera. What did I take pictures of... I am not sure but I would not be surprised if there were pictures of my cat and my mother. Possibly even my grandmother. People and animals and things I cared about. I think I got it for Christmas the year we went to my Auntie Evelyn’s farm. She lived in Thessalon – an hour east of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. I remember her having to meet us at the bus station and she was a little nervous about the drive because they hadn’t put the chains on the tires to get us through the snow. We made it though.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


May 24 - What's your recent negotiation with friends, business associates, or in family circle which you are in full control and edge? How it turns to be? Was it fair enough to both parties?

This is far too heavy a topic for me this late in the evening. In my family, with my husband in particular, I tend to go with the flow and let my husband think he runs the show. If I am not pleased with his declaration, I tend to take my time carrying out his ‘demands’. I realize this sounds very passive aggressive, but I am usually pretty flexible and amicable. If he is polite with his requests, I usually comply without issue; it’s when he is being an ass that I drag my feet.

I do not like confrontation, particularly in my marriage. Disagreements and arguments scare me. If I have an issue I try to handle it with humour if at all possible. Most of the time I just keep my mouth shut. I think a lot of it stems from being a child of divorce.

With friends, colleagues or students I am much more in control. With student’s I have learned how to handle conflicts with them and I am more aware of the teaching and learning going on in that situation. I do not fear the end of my relationship in these kind of negotiations.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817802-My-First-Camera-and-Negotiations