*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817865-A-Simple-Heartfelt-Thank-You
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#817865 added May 25, 2014 at 10:52pm
Restrictions: None
A Simple, Heartfelt Thank You
30 Day Blogging Challenge


Tomorrow I will be in church. I need enough time with my family, they requested of it....he he he. Our Sunday prompt is something about personal.

May 25 - How is your relationship with our Deity? Take a closer introspection. Do you have something to say directly to Him, what is it?

The questions have me stymied. I ponder and wonder. I have always believed in God, but after my father died when I was 12 I was angry that God could take him away. It was not until I was older and my husband and I were planning to get married. We started going to church - his denomination, not the one I had started with as a child. Besides it is all the same God the various church denominations are just different 'burger joints'.

Since university I have probably been on a search - a search for a spiritual connection, not necessarily a religion. Religion is the dogma that tries to capture the essence of spirituality. Spirituality is the essence within ourselves.

I am not sure where it started - my reconnection to my more spiritual side. It could be Oprah and her views on gratitude. It could be Julia Cameron and her The Artist's Way. Moments of synchronicity put people and information, things that you are looking for or need at a time in your life. I think my path back to God was like that. Each piece building into the essence of my own spirituality.

I don't go to church as often as I should, I like to watch a few pastors on TV. I find their message uplifting and inspiring. I also make a point of watching Oprah's Super Soul Sunday - also uplifting and inspiring.

My connection to God is often stronger when I venture out into nature - a natural cathedral under the canopy of trees in full bloom, their variegated greens dancing on the breeze. That is more spiritual than man made buildings, rules and regulations that dogma demands. Both are welcome components of my spirituality.

I feel God guides me in Good Orderly Direction (this is actually Julia Cameron's terminology). My faith is stronger and I believe in Jesus who gave his life to save my eternal soul. I am thankful for God's mercy and grace. I am thankful for His love and guidance. I do not always listen as well as I should, but I believe I am on a journey along this spiritual path.

If I could say anything to Him at this time it is to say... Thank you. A simple, heartfelt thank you.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817865-A-Simple-Heartfelt-Thank-You