*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818288-A-Smaller-World-and-Its-Crazy-Laws
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#818288 added May 31, 2014 at 10:35am
Restrictions: None
A Smaller World and It's Crazy Laws
Today's blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


May 31 - Bonus prompt or you may opt to reply on this. The world becomes smaller!

When I hear about the world getting smaller; I think, it has! Technology already makes it smaller. With all the advancements we have made it is possible to chat with friends on the other side of the world - stay connected like never before.
Sites like Writing.com and activities like NaNoWriMo pull people of similar interests together regardless of where they live.
I did my special education part 1 course online. One of my classmates was corresponding from Singapore. All she had to be careful of was getting her assignments in by the correct day and time. It was a great experience.
I can claim friendships in New Zealand and England, as well as southern California. It has really made the world a smaller place.
The world is most definitely smaller.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 89 – May 31


PROMPT: A humorous list of rules or do's and don'ts for any topic that tickles your fancy. (excluding tickling and fancy things)

Believe it or not some cities have bylaws for the oddest things.

In California:
-Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses.
-It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
-Women may not drive in a house coat.
-No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
-Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

In Florida:
-Doors of all public buildings must open outwards.
-It is illegal to sell your children.
-You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.
-Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.

In Tennessee:
-It is legal to gather and consume roadkill.
-Hollow logs may not be sold.
-More than 8 women may not live in the same house because that would constitute a brothel.
-It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
-The definition of β€œdumb animal” includes every living creature.

In Alabama:
Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.

These were a riot the website is:
http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/alabama

Everyplace has some real funny ones - so outdated. It was worth the laugh.


© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818288-A-Smaller-World-and-Its-Crazy-Laws