*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818243-Mini-Celebrations-and-Somewhere-Over-The-Rainbow
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#818243 added May 30, 2014 at 4:35pm
Restrictions: None
Mini Celebrations and Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Today's blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


May 30 - You wake up one day only to find out this message written on a piece of paper: "Celebrate Mini Success. Celebrate it in two days. No more. No less." What mini success are you going to celebrate and how?

30 Days of Blogging will be done. 61 days of writing on 750words.com will be accomplished. Poems will be done and submitted. Game of Thrones will close its doors and we will await the final verdict with baited breath.

Time for the next month to play out, but it is important to celebrate those mini successes so what do I plan to do? Hmmm. Let me see...

First off a day to sleep in and get up without my alarm. A day to do no reviews. Perhaps I will indulge my group in something special on the site to commemorate our journey together. I may buy myself something special - though I am not sure what yet - a little shopping expedition would have to be in order. Perhaps even a little time off the computer to enjoy the day. June 1 is supposed to be really nice here. I like the idea of keeping it open as I figure I will be doing a mad rush to get in as many reviews as possible.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 88


Prompt: What does "Over the Rainbow" mean to you? What do you think you would find there?

Some where over the rainbow... is a beautiful place full of opportunities. I love that song!

I saw an interview not too long ago with Oprah interviewing Jean Houston. They were discussing her book The Wizard of Us: Transformational Lessons From Oz. I so want to read this book - I bought it, it is just waiting for me to crack the cover and go. Here are some quotes from the inside cover:

"We are orchestrating the challenging situations that will prod us to rise to our highest potential so we can become who and what we really are."
We "discover the powerful, unique skills and qualities of Dorothy, the Wizard, and the other archetypes of mind, heart and courage that live within each of us."
"The Wizard not only calls us forth but he has called forth the journey itself. It's time to uncover your inner hero and become the essential human you were always meant to be."

The song illuminates this essence as we are encouraged to seek what is inside of ourselves to make our world a better place - and it starts with each and every one of us. We all have those 'powerful, unique skills and qualities' that make us fabulous creations.

Now I want to read the book, listen to the song and see the old movie again. The Wizard of Oz is an all time favourite of mine. Watching it with the deeper meanings in mind opens it up in more glorious colour than even the film industry could provide.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818243-Mini-Celebrations-and-Somewhere-Over-The-Rainbow