*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819637-Online-Friendships-and-Friday-the-13th
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#819637 added June 13, 2014 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
Online Friendships and Friday the 13th
Today's blog....

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Can you make real friends online? How are online better or worse than offline friends? Sound off about online friendships. No go!

First of all I am giggling about the online and 'offline' friends.

Some of my childhood friends have moved away or have busy lives that make them part of my online group of friends (thanks to Facebook). I keep track of my family that way as well.

As far as making friends online... I have met so many people through this site and Writer's Carnival and the Camp Nanowrimo and NaNoWriMo sites - all writing - all interesting to me and I appreciate hanging with people who share my love of writing. None of my school friends write. That is the best part of online friends - a shared interest and passion for writing.

Another great thing about online friends and communicating with my own friends online is that I can comment or email and know that they will get back to me in their own time. I don't have to be bombarded by immediacy if I don't want to be. I can also link up at any time of the day and someone is bound to be on. I think it is so funny when I comment at midnight and someone from the other side of the world comments back to me. That's so cool.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City


It's Friday the 13th. Are you superstitious? Have odd things even happen to you or some one you know on Friday the 13th? Where do you think all the crazy hype about Friday the 13th began? Avoiding the 13th floor? What is it about the number that makes people nervous?

I used to be more superstitious than I am now. Now I don't seem to mind as much but it still crossed my mind.

Today has been rather hectic. I am not sure if it because it is Friday the 13th or if it is just a Friday in June. Everyone was taking the day off. I had accepted a teaching position last night for this afternoon at a school in Waterloo. I got a few calls on the Subfinder system to work the morning but because of the times it is difficult to work in two different schools. The board office actually called this morning to see if I would take something - they don't do that very often - I missed that call and only got the message. So I checked the online system and found a position at a school close to my house that would be flexible about letting me go early to get to the other school. As it was I had 15 minutes to get from one end of Kitchener to the middle of Waterloo - I managed it but it was a rush and walking into a classroom in a rush is not always the best thing... but today it worked out pretty good.

I also had some luck when I walked from the school over to the University of Waterloo and went to purchase a donut and coffee. That particular donut shop did not take my debit card so I had to walk away but the young guy behind the counter let me take my donut for free - I probably would have gotten my coffee for free as well but I felt weird about accepting something without paying for it.

The day itself has been wonderful - with my husband working I am enjoying dinner out at a café that I like - one with free WiFi and they don't mind if I stick about for a long time = my kind of café. The food is amazing and so is the fruit smoothies, but I may need to switch to coffee before too long or I may fall asleep on my keyboard.

As far as the crazy hype - I have no idea when that started or why. A Google search would probably capture some kind of explanation.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819637-Online-Friendships-and-Friday-the-13th