*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820284-The-Future-Life-As-A-Mutant-Pet-Peeves-and-Sayings
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#820284 added June 20, 2014 at 1:14am
Restrictions: None
The Future, Life As A Mutant, Pet Peeves and Sayings
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 108


Prompt: Write a post in your Blog but three years later in the future. What will happen?

The concept of three years later in the future sounds Sci-fi to me. Or hopeful. Or fanciful.

June 19, 2017.
Finishing off the school year and things are crazy. My report cards are finally done and ready to go I just need to play a few more activities for my students and hope that we can get outside to do a few experiments. All in the name of science and exploration. They'll be less nutty if I can get them outside and maybe hook up with some other grade 2 or 3 class to partake in our adventures.
But enough of that... in a couple of weeks we will be heading up to the cottage and I will be able to get some serious writing done. I am suffering a little withdrawal from all this report card crap. So glad that is over, now I can just enjoy the students and be grateful I don't have to look for another position for next year. And get back to the writing. I have signed on to Camp NaNoWriMo again and I will have to see if I got the cabin mates I hoped for. I am going to rebel and work on my novel from last November, with any luck I can get my first draft all the way done. Then the next stage begins.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


If you were a mutant what would your power be and why?

This is an interesting prompt. I like the concepts of invisibility, walking through walls, elasticity and moving objects with my mind. If I had to pick just one, I would go with the the moving objects with my mind as it is very cool - besides I like Jean Grey.

Think about it - using the TV without the remote, fix dinner without getting your hands dirty. Make the bed without having to go around and around to get everything just right.

You could also give those stupid people the slap on the head they deserve without having to touch them.

Oh, I am thinking of the possibilities and this is getting better every moment.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Twenty - Six


1. What's your pet peeve? What thing really annoys you but doesn't annoy most other people?

When people drop things and don't pick them up. This is considered littering in the outside world. In my house it is just plain frustrating. The thought that scrapes through my mind when my husband does it is 'do you expect someone else to pick that up for your highness... or is your back really sore and you can not manage it?' As you can see, I tend to get angry and frustrated at his behaviour, but then diminish it by thinking I am being petty and that makes me more angry at myself. What can push me over the edge is if I don't pick it up and anything else I hear his 'this place looks like a pig sty' and I want to trottle him.

Outside my home, I hate that others litter. Especially the idiots that drop things when a garbage can is only a few feet away! And cigarette buts... don't get me started on that. Apparently the fire that took out most of Cobalt in 1976 was started by some A-hole throwing a cigarette but out their car window. Why do smokers not use the ash tray the car provides (or did when I was a kid - I don't think they even put one in now because people never use them or if they did they would empty them on the side of their car.

Okay, deep breath. I am finished venting now.

2. There are a number of colloquial words and sayings that are unique to different regions, and some people also have a habit of repeating certain words and phrases. What words or phrases do you find yourself saying too often?

β€˜Lookit’ used to draw attention to the fact that you are upset about something. This is a Northern Ontario bit I think because I have never heard it in southern Ontario and even when I say it to my husband he looks at me a little funny.

People say cows differently as well – it sounds like coows.

I also find certain phrases and words can be used within friendships. We hang out together we start using the same phraseology. With my girlfriends we often refer to annoying this as 'him'

I also find I say "You are such a boy!" when my husband does something so male and immature as to annoy me. He counters it with 'You are such a girl.' to which I say, 'Why thank you.'

Here's an interesting site on possible words and sayings:
http://www.manythings.org/slang/
These are American of course, but many Canadians use them too, eh.

What I find funny is words and sayings from other countries. My aunt and uncle hired a nanny from England - she used to ask them if they wanted to be knocked up in the morning. To her is meant woken up, to us it meant getting pregnant. It was hilarious and we set her straight really quickly.
This site lists a few others...
http://www.anglotopia.net/british-identity/humor/top-100-most-beautiful-british-...
Here is the top 20:
1. Tosser – Idiot
2. Cock-up – Screw up
3. Bloody – Damn
4. Give You A Bell – Call you
5. Blimey! – My Goodness
6. Wanker – Idiot
7. Gutted – Devastated
8. Bespoke – Custom Made
9. Chuffed – Proud
10. Fancy – Like
11. Sod Off – Piss off
12. Lost the Plot – Gone Crazy
13. Fortnight – Two Weeks
14. Sorted – Arranged
15. Hoover – Vaccum
16. Kip – Sleep or nap
17. Bee’s Knees – Awesome
18. Know Your Onions – Knowledgeable
19. Dodgy – Suspicious
20. Wonky – Not right
21. Wicked – Cool!
I absolutely love Number 12! Now that is priceless. Some of them are not so different - Dodgy, Wonky and Wicked I have used myself, but then my family has ancestors that are British and we do tend to watch a little BBC. I do say 'bloody' as well. Some are new to me.
Then there is the words and phrases that are generational.
Pschyodelic in the 60's was Frecky in the 80's which may be Sick now.
words and Phrases really are quite interesting.


© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820284-The-Future-Life-As-A-Mutant-Pet-Peeves-and-Sayings