*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820726-Oh-The-Places-Ive-Been-Walking-In-Others-Shoes-and-Humour
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#820726 added June 24, 2014 at 6:36pm
Restrictions: None
Oh The Places I've Been, Walking In Others Shoes and Humour
Today's blogs...

Blog City โ€“ Day 113 June 24


Promptopolis: What kind of world would this be if there was no humor?

Excellent prompt, Mitch!

I would say the world would be boring. It may also be a more violent and abusive place. Humour cuts the fabric of our life and lets us see our humanity through the eyes of fun and reflection. It knits us to the human experience and lets us see us see our foibles as part of what we all face and deal with. Being able to laugh at ourselves relieves the tensions of life and builds connections with others. Without it we would shrivel in the depths of despair and hatred.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality โ€“ Week Twenty - Seven


3. They say you will never know what it is like until you have walked a mile in another persons shoes, Whose shoes would you like to walk in for a month and why?

I would be curious to experience other races and cultures this way. I realize one month is only a taste of other people's lives but I think it would be an interesting experience - to walk in the shoes of someone different than myself and see how society treats them. Deep down at our core we are all human and share that experience - being more alike in that than not, but society and its expectations impinges on us and forces us into boxes. I would like to see and feel and experience those differences up close and personal. It might be interesting to experience each different culture and race from the perceptive of a male and a female.

It might also be interesting to experience life at different time periods and in different races and cultures. The whole experience would open my eyes.

You could even look at this from a socio - economic perspective. Walking in the shoes of someone financially lower than I currently am and someone higher than I am.

You could even slip into the shoes of someone famous or someone more a recluse.

I image a month would give you an excellent feel and add a dimension to your writing that interviews and research just could not give you. Living and breathing the experience would let you create characters more real and full than simply relying on your basic imagination. How cool would that be?

6. Have you ever traveled to another Country? Where did you go and how did you like it?

I have been to the States. I have been to Jamaica. I have been to the Dominican Republic and I have been to Mexico.

Jamaica was a surprise. Lush and gorgeous but spotted with unfinished shacks along a slim weaving road that was filled with crazy drivers. Speeding was the name of the game and the tightness of the roads had you white knuckling it even if you were not the driver.
Apparently in Jamaica, people add to their houses when they have the money. When they run out they stop the building regardless of how far they have gotten. Many places were rum- shackled shacks. I saw dogs in small villages so skinny their bones showing.
The resorts were gorgeous and great care was taken to keep them that way. Employees lived on the property and had small buildings packed together. They did not bother or pester, but if you dared go off the resort property, even up to the fences lining the property you would be bartered within an inch of your life. Walking the strip of beach was not possible.

The Dominica Republic was just as scenic without the pestering and bartering. You could walk the beaches for as far as you wanted to go and stop in to other resorts - you just could not get anything there. There was a small village down the beach and the people were friendly and laid back.

Mexico was not as lush as the islands but just as beautiful. We have been to the Mayan Riviera several times. There were also more activities to get involved in - swimming in cennotes and natural aquariums. Exploring the second largest barrier reef. The odd thing was the police on the highways - they had machine guns and their were check points along the highway. That was a little disturbing but still good. Like Jamaica the drivers were a little crazy.

The United States is right below us. I have driven through down I-75 all the way to Florida and back I-95 through Washington DC. That was an interesting experience. Seeing many states and how people lived in a variety of regions was so interesting. I enjoyed the changing scenery and the people. We visited artisan communities and museums. We even got ushered out of one of the Washington DC museums because someone had smuggled in a gun and was trying to steal the Hope Diamond - a failed attempt but my aunt and I got to see police and helicopter's doing their search - it was like something out of a movie! Very exciting. I have also been as far over as Las Vegas which included a flight over the Grand Canyon and visiting the Hoover Dam. Such amazing experiences as well. I have also traveled by RV into Washington state. Another amazing area cut into the Rocky Mountains. I have also been on a bus tour of the New England States. That is were I got my first taste of corn bread and clam chowder! Yummy!

I have been blessed to travel and explore. I hope one day to make it over to Europe and to Australia and New Zealand as well.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


Prompt to follow? I agree with Charlie about doing our own prompts after 1pm. I like to write and do my blogs first thing in the morning. I post my blog with space for 30 Day Blogging Challenge, then I check back to see when the prompt gets posted.

This is from Charlie ~ If you could get all the nutrition you needed in a day with a pill โ€” no worrying about what to eat, no food preparation โ€” would you do it?

I donโ€™t think I would be okay with a food pill. I donโ€™t even do well when I do a smoothie for one meal. I miss the chewing and the texture of food. When I was younger I ate to live and a pill would have been okay, then. Now I live to eat. I enjoy my food โ€“ textures, flavours, smells.
I am just watching Dr. Oz and todayโ€™s topic is pesticides โ€“ it is enough to make me rethink the concept of a food pill, but then again the way the world has changed we are killing ourselves the more modern advancements we make. The more processed the worse it is; the more natural has pesticides. We are damned if we do and we are damned if we donโ€™t.



© Copyright 2014 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820726-Oh-The-Places-Ive-Been-Walking-In-Others-Shoes-and-Humour