*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820988-Third-Time-Is-A-Charm--Places-of-Solace
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#820988 added June 27, 2014 at 1:30pm
Restrictions: None
Third Time Is A Charm & Places of Solace
Today's blogs...

Blog City – DAY 116 June 27, 2014


Third time is the charm. What does that mean to you? Tell us about one of those times.

Our world is full of these little idioms. What does it mean to me. The essence of it is that if you keep trying at something by the third attempt you should manage to attain what it is you are trying to accomplish. I think it is one of those idioms we hang on to, to make our attempts at trying new things have a winning factor. It is the light at the end of the tunnel kind of thinking. With each attempt you learn and grow to accomplish the goal. I know I have used the phrase from everything from my writing projects to learning a new athletic move.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


Where do you find solace? Is it through a quote or by some other means. Take this anywhere you want and be creative.

Thanks for this wonderful prompt Prosperous Snow celebrating . It is greatly appreciated.

Solace can be found on a walk through a peaceful nature trail. Under the canopy of trees stretching up to the sun and letting the sunlight filter through the leaves. Listening to bird song twitter and carry over the breeze. Watching the forest wildlife scamper and flit through the undergrowth and up into the trees. I take it all in and am amazed at the beauty and uniqueness of the life around me. Whether I move through the space or sit perched on a rock by a rippling stream I can let the world slip away and just enjoy.

I feel connected to a higher power when I am immersed in this kind of place. The creative hand of God has touched the world around me and I can take it all in and feel the creative well fill and replenish itself.

This is a place I am born to and can be reborn to when the real world encroaches and presses down.

I am lucky that such places exist around me. I live in an area that has beautiful scenery and vistas.
I may just have to head out latter and see if I can find one that pulls me into its beauty.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820988-Third-Time-Is-A-Charm--Places-of-Solace