*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822043-Stupid-Things-I-May-Say-Gods-Hand-Up--I-Am-A-Teacher
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#822043 added July 7, 2014 at 11:08pm
Restrictions: None
Stupid Things I May Say, God's Hand Up & I Am A Teacher
Today's blogs....

Blog City – DAY 126


Prompt: It was a stupid thing to say... .

I find with talking sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my brain and I say things that may not be too fitting. I don't think it happens too often but when my husband and I were first together he would often complain that I would reveal too much to complete strangers. I did not give pertinent details, but it bothered him that I was so forthcoming. The thing is I like talking to people. You can strike up the most interestingly mundane conversations and enjoy connecting with people if only for a short time. A chance to make someone smile or say, hey I get that or I hear ya. Those small connections count.

I have also been known to give advise or encourage a fellow classmate or a student when they looked like they could use a boost.
I don't think I say stupid things per se, but my husband has had to get use to it. Sometimes I will say things to his family that he is not ready for them to know about. He has come to learn he must tell me what topics to avoid so I don't blather onto his precious toes.... for a man's man, he certainly can be rather sensitive. Ha... that's a Gemini for ya. Sometimes he can take it, other times he can't. I have also learned where to steer clear.

The times I have caused myself to grimace have been forgotten - and sometimes age and the forgetfulness can have a bonus effect.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


So now our prompt for Wildcard Monday is: Drowned By Betrayal and a Ladder To Heaven

At first I was at a loss for what to do with this prompt, but luckily Janine had already posted and had written a poem. I thought that was a fabulous idea so here is my attempt....

God's Hand Up


Here I sit in a pool of my own tears.
I may drown because betrayal
Has come to tromp through my door.
Wasting no time to plunge in the dagger
Twist and turn it so the blood gushes
I stare unable to believe your cruelness
Has taken a piece of my heart
And smashed it to a million fragments
I see no way to put it back together
To repair the damage your destruction
Has brought like a bulldozer
Through my heart and soul

Head down, eyes bared and closed
I am unaware of a presence
Until I feel a hand brush my shoulder
Wipe my face and lift my chin
My eyes stutter open, blinking blindly
At the golden halo before me
Am I dead, I wonder, as the hand
Guides me up, raises me to my feet
And steadies my shaky legs
I lift my eyes and grasp a glowing
Ladder that leads to Heaven
To take me away from all of this

But as I climb, I see the darkness
Pull back and away
Leaving me in a field
Full of daisies and wildflowers
Of every kind, the scent is heavenly
I am guided away from the ladder
I stare at my rescuer, He still glows
Making it hard to see his face
But the warmth of his smile touches me
And I feel his love radiating out around me
It engulfs me, strengthens me
I turn to walk away, my legs carrying
Me with more confidence.
When I look back around He is gone
But I feel his presence cloaking me
In a security I have not had in a long while
I have been given the strength to go on
And I will, with a grateful heart.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Twenty - Nine


3. How did you end up in the job or career that you currently (or previously, if you are retired) work in?

I am a teacher because I always wanted to be a teacher. As a child I world's set up my dolls in the old desks we had and teach them the basics. I used my blackboard to teach and practice my math and grammar skills. I would also teach the little girl next door things I had learned. (She is also now a teacher, but then so is her father).

My favourite aunt was a teacher and had a big role in me gaining experience in the special education field. She encouraged me to go to Teacher's College and when it was fiscally feasible I was able to go.

When I was a kid, I would come down to visit her and one year she took me to her school for her last day. I loved it. Her students all had Down Syndrome and they were all older than me but I loved that they got to bake for class.

When I graduated from university, I went in to volunteer in a summer school program she was running at the high school. I went in the second day of her month long classes and loved it so much I came everyday for the rest of the month. Working with these students helped me to build my confidence in myself. It also allowed me to help others and feel real accomplishment.

All I need now is my own classroom. I love special education and primary classes. My own class would allow me to help others grow and learn.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822043-Stupid-Things-I-May-Say-Gods-Hand-Up--I-Am-A-Teacher