*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822579-Saved-By-The-Paper-Doll-Gang
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1994181
This collection contains writings for the I Write - 2014 Challenges and the miscellaneous
#822579 added July 14, 2014 at 11:01am
Restrictions: None
Saved By The Paper Doll Gang
I had been beaten down, worn out in the world that looked down on those creative types that tried to paint beauty into the cracks of life. I turned on my computer to find sanctuary and slipped in the back door of a place called Writing.com. It was enormous and overwhelming but something drew me in, like a moth to a flame I flitted and faltered. Exhausted I fell to the ground and watched as others passed over me. Stepping clear as they made their way unhindered by indecision.

Finally I called out into the darkness in the hopes of rescue. My voice was weak, but someone heard me. Someone came and took up my hand and I went with them even though my vision was blurry from dehydration. They lead me to a place that felt warm and comforting, they gave me water and fixed me a meal to give my strength back to be. When I was able to open my eyes after a restorative sleep, a woman was beside me smiling down with kindness.

"Where am I?" I asked still feeling the wavering trepidation.

She reached out and soothed my brow. "You are here with us... We are the Paper Doll Gang and I am Hannah."

I looked at her and felt the last of my fears evaporate. I sat up with her help. As I learned back against the headboard I saw a group emerge. There faces shone with delight and I felt their welcome radiating from each of them.

"Who are they?" I whispered.

"We are the Paper Doll Gang, joined by mighty Dragons and feisty Dawgs. We want to welcome you to our home. Will you stay?" Hannah peered into my eyes.

A smile graced my lips and I nodded. A sense of belonging swept over me and I rested in the knowledge that I had finally found my place. Now I could go out into the world and out beyond the limits and find my way... I would always have a place to come back to and recharge. A place of fellowship and friends. A place so dear to my heart. I was part of the Paper Doll Gang.


Word Count = 366 words.
signature for the Paper Doll Gang. ** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822579-Saved-By-The-Paper-Doll-Gang