*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824234-Creative-Saturday-Frustrations--Are-Nightowls-Really-Smart
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#824234 added August 2, 2014 at 5:15pm
Restrictions: None
Creative Saturday, Frustrations & Are Nightowls Really Smart
Today's blogs...

Blog City – DAY 152


Creative Saturday
How about a little poetry or maybe a short story ..
What kind of character seems foreign to you... a homeless man, a zen monk, a suburban housewife, maybe a murderer. Whoever you choose.. that's the persona I would like you to adopt. Try writing in his or her voice.


"I ain't do dud. I swear, I ain't. But sometimes you just gotta do what needs doing." I pulled the pack of cigarettes out of my shirt pocket and bumped it against my wrist to loosen and dislodge one of them. Two jerked out. I pulled out the cigarette and touched to my lips before going on, "The guy deserved it. Swear it on my mother's grave..."
"You ain't got no mother, Mic." slurred my pal, Denny as he quickly grabbed a second cigarette that protruded from the package.
I glared at him before shoving the package back into my pocket. He grinned his toothless grin.
"s***, Denny this is my last pack." I mumbled around the cigarette as I located my lighter.
"Your good for it... beside you don't want me talkin' about what you done."
I glared at Denny again, then leaned in to light his cigarette. "You won't or I'd be doin' the same to you."
Denny's glassy eyes looked up into mine, then he nodded and took a drag pulling the smoke deep into his lungs like he'd been deprived for days. He probably had and for that, I let it drop.
"So tell me again." He bumped his glass and the bartender filled it only after I gave him the nod. I shoved my glass over for a refill, too.
When the guy walked away, I leaned in to Denny. "The guy pulled a knife on me and told me to hand over my wallet."
Denny snickered. "That suit you got don't even fit ya and he thought you was a Suit."
I shrugged. "'I ain't got no wallet' I told the guy and he come at me like some cocky bugger."
"Did he stab ya?" Denny glance over, his glassy eyes held a touch of concern.
"Nah, man. I shut him down. Slammed him a few hard fist pumps that sent him flying. Don't think he expected me to fight him... cocky bugger."
"But you said he was dead." Denny whispered almost falling into me when he leaned over.
"All's I said was I slammed him. He was the one that went falling back. Probably hit the pavement so hard.... I didn't stick around to see if he was rightly dead..."
Denny looked over nodding in contemplation.
"And that's what happened, I swear it. You think I should report it...."
Behind us the big doors creaked open and a great hulking guy pushed himself in. He walked a little unsteady but made it to the bar. He glared over at me but said nothing.
Denny glanced at me and I nodded that that was the guy.
"Well, seeing's how he's walkin' you did fine."

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Thirty – Two


2. What situation this week has frustrated you to no end?

I had an incident happen this week that I am not supposed to discuss so that leaves my tongue tied and out of respect I cannot write about it in my blog...

So instead, I will write about the frustration I feel when I have to drive my husband when he does not want to drive. It is like having a driver training instructor beside you the whole time. My back tenses, I follow all the rules of the road, I even leave the radio off and don't sing (that is the hardest part). I almost want to avoid going anywhere if he insists I drive. If I can manage it I will get in the passenger side and hand him the keys when he has no choice. I will not drive his cars. He is very anal about his cars. I know this is being silly. No one else bothers me. My mother and aunt are similar - getting nervous when their husbands watch. So is it learned or is it genetic, probably more learned, I guess. Anyone else have this issue?

I also find myself getting frustrated at finding dishes on the counter after my husband has heard me cleaning it up and washing the dishes. I leave to go do something else only to return to find a dish, that could easily go in the dishwasher sitting just above it on the counter. I see red.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


I saw an article today about nightowl being smarter than early risers. What do you all think? Here is the link:
http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/night-owls-creative-intelligent/686025/?utm_s...

Personally, I thought is was crap when I first read the headline, but after I read it I was not so sure. My husband and best friend, Michelle are really intelligent and they are both night owls. I find I have to work at it a bit more, though I am not stupid. A fraud, sometimes, but not stupid.

I would consider myself more earlier riser, but I do stay up to the night owl hours and find myself only up really early if work or some other thing has me doing so. If I followed my own pattern... I would probably wake between seven thirty and eight or as late as nine thirty (depending on when I went to bed). I prefer my eight hours and usually sleep well (that is a gift, I know). Mornings would go well - I write and do most of my heavy thinking and creative activities then. Afternoon between one and three thirty I am a write off - I function but would love a nap. If I am able to take a nap, I awake refreshed and capable - maybe not as good as nine am but better than without the nap. The nap also helps me push into the evening. Most evenings I do crash after 12:30 or 1 am - particularly if I am not paying attention to the time and if I am not watching TV I may have more energy to do more. Reading and writing are activities that can sustain me, though I sometimes find my writing not as good as the morning - if I haven't had a nap or I am stressed over something.

I think I will have to consider this some more... looking forward to what other think.

I guess I need to follow Prosperous Snow celebrating - five Saturdays, five Fridays and five Sundays all in August - now that is sweet. Summer sweetness. The next two weeks for us are my husband's holidays so we will be doing things around. We may even head to Cedar Point for a little roller coaster action - now that would be awesome. Either way it will be much treasured. We will also be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary! Yikes, hard to believe we are already that far along. Enjoy those sweet summer days, whether they are weekend or not, enjoy them.


© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824234-Creative-Saturday-Frustrations--Are-Nightowls-Really-Smart