*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824448-Little-Ship-of-wonder
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2000274
Simple stuff, really. Musing uncharacteristically challenged. BLog
#824448 added August 4, 2014 at 7:04pm
Restrictions: None
Little Ship of wonder
I found myself listening to a buzzing sound that seemed to be coming from a box, a cardboard box. Of course, when I stuck my ear to it, I looked up and there was the mother of all wasps nests right above my head. Well, I sprayed a whole can of wasp spray on it over four different times during the day because the things wouldn't quit. After that didn't work and I am surprised/annoyed that didn't work, I sprayed up a mixture of termite/ ant spray. That didn't work either! I don't mind the critters in the wild but not in my shed! I might be a little more bent on the destruction of bees of that sort because I have had reactions to their stings on more than one occasion. Not fun.

Oh, same day, I was out splitting wood from a tree that was dead and needed cleaning up, when I looked down to this annoying buzzing at my feet. Bees! Hundreds of them swarming out of the ground an swirling at my feet. Okay, survival rate not looking good so I get out quickly without drawing too much attention to myself. IT was a great day, I didn't get stung!

I am wondering though, how is it these bees are immune to bee killer? The spray is a good spray, or I thought it was. I really don't like spraying any more than I have to but some parts of nature has to be kept back a bit. That is the way it is. I am more careful with the poisons, preferring the "Green" solution in ways I might never have some years ago. I dream about ways to produce food practically on "Life Ships" traveling to distant stars. When things begin to make sense, that is when things become important. Hmmm.

So, what did I get from this day? A new beginning for my book! Yep, I have a character on a Life Ship, and she is going to brave the stinging bees for the unknown prize. It had more adventure that would also flavor the rest of the book with what is to be expected. Sound cool? Lots of work to do. Lots of work, to do.
© Copyright 2014 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824448-Little-Ship-of-wonder