*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824465-What-I-Follow-Music-of-My-Life-Terry-Fox--A-Great-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#824465 added August 4, 2014 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
What I Follow, Music of My Life, Terry Fox & A Great Day...
Today's blogs...

Blog City – DAY 154


Prompt for Monday: Tell us about something you follow. (Interpret this anyway that grooves your noodle)

I believe I follow my heart and hope that it reflects what I am expected to do. I hope that it allows me to follow the path God has laid out for me so that I may be a blessing to those around me.
I know I veer off that path occasionally; I let my selfish motives twist me and get me into trouble. But I know I am forgiven and loved and I am grateful for God's grace and mercy.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


August 4 is US Coast Guard Day - to make things more intetnational, write about your feelings about the navy or coast guard. Is the navy still important in this day and age? Why or why not?

To add to this... today is also the 100th anniversary of the beginning of WWI.
In Canada, the first Monday of the month is a civic holiday – In Manitoba they are planning on changing it to Terry Fox Day as he was born in Winnipeg.
Since I do not know a lot about the American Navy or Coast Guard, both of which do exemplary jobs, I am going to go all Canadian on you. First, our own Navy is great, too.
Second, back to who is Terry Fox as I am sure many may not know.

Terry Fox was the first Canadian to want to run from one side of Canada to the other for Cancer Research. He had lost his leg to cancer at a young age and wanted to do something for the cause. He started in Newfoundland, dipping the toe of his artificial leg into the ocean and then began his run. He only made it as far as Thunder Bay before the cancer came back and took his life, but until then he moved the hearts and minds of every Canadian. Each year since 1981, in September we run the Terry Fox run in his honour and continue to raise funds for Cancer Research.

This happened around the time my own father had cancer and lost the battle as well. My father died in 1979. Terry Fox began his run in 1980. For this reason it means something to me.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Thirty – Three


1. If your life came with background music what songs would be on your life so far?

I do love music. The thing is remembering the perfect song for the perfect moment. There used to be a radio show on that had a lady picking songs for people and she was amazing at finding the perfect song for their needs at the time. I am not sure what happened with that radio show, maybe she retired, but she was fabulous.
For me, I find I have always been into top 40, contemporary music, but as I get older I have shifted to contemporary Christian music. It is a time to enjoy the music, but also worship and praise as I am grateful for my life and my salvation. That being said, I picked two songs (and it was hard to do) that reflect things as I live now.

No Matter What – Kerrie Roberts


What Are You Afraid – Kerrie Roberts


I am in a good place right now. When we got married, almost thirteen years ago my husband was suffering with acute back pain. He kept asking if I still wanted to get married. I did. Love doesn't go away just because things get difficult. That and our wedding preparations pushed me back to God - I had been away along time. After my father died (when I was 12), I blamed God and for many years thought I was an atheist, but you can't be if you believe in God. I think I was just struggling with what to believe and how to make my beliefs gel with who and what I am. Age and life experience has made me realize I have a lot to be grateful for and I prefer to thank God for my blessings. I do not normally go all religious, but this seemed appropriate. We all have our beliefs, whatever they may be and they sustain us through this thing called life.

2. What is the best thing about today so far?

I have spent a lovely time shopping with my husband. We went out to run errands thinking the shops would be closed - as it is the Civic Holiday. But I guess that only means banks, government offices and industries. Retail is still open and the sales are great.
We popped into Canadian Tire, one of my husband's havens. We managed to find some really good deals on some really expensive frying pans - ones with ceramic non stick. We walked down to Bowrings and I found a lovely gift for my cousin's wedding (it was nice to have my husband's input). We also bought us some of the acrylic plates and cups for our patio adventures - with extra markdown and NO TAX. We also bought some new glasses (as my husband broke one last night). We also went in to Walmart for some bagels and bananas. That sounds pretty basic, but sometimes just those basic days are fun.
Later we worked on some renovations together and watch another movie.

3. Do you have a time of day that you feel more creative? How often are you able to take advantage of that time?

I find mornings are my most creative and productive. As the day lengthens my creativity dwindles, unless I am able to have a nap. If I get a nap, I am refreshed enough to go at it again. My worse times are between two and four in the afternoon and then again after 11 pm. I am able to stay up late but I don't do any writing then if I can help it - I will if a blog needs to be finished, but I worry it will not be as perceptive and fun as when I write in the mornings.

I am pretty lucky that I can take advantage of my mornings. Being a supply teacher, there is no work for me in the summer. My special service at home client works during the day, so I don't pick him up from his job until 3 pm. When the school year starts I may have time, unless I get a long term occasional teaching position - then I work around things. My writing may dip off for awhile, but I am still working it in - with a lot of thanks to WDC which keeps me connected.

Right now my husband is on holidays so I am writing in the cracks of what he wants to do. I start this blog in the morning and add to it over the day. Now it is after 10 pm - it has taken 12 hours to complete... but it is done.



© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824465-What-I-Follow-Music-of-My-Life-Terry-Fox--A-Great-Day