*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824566-Corruption-Festivals-and-Friends-of-Merit
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#824566 added August 6, 2014 at 12:17am
Restrictions: None
Corruption, Festivals and Friends of Merit
Today`s blogs...

Blog City – DAY 155


Power corrupts, so does money, beauty, sex, freedom and health.
Prompt: Have you had any experiences with a person who has become morally or politically corrupt? Do people need to be persuaded like Shakespeare's Macbeth or does it happen on its own?


Have I had any experiences with a person who has become morally or politically corrupt? I am thinking, no.
As far as being persuaded, I am thinking people will follow the crowd into corruption... they can hide within the anonymity of being only part of the crowd and can use the excuse that everyone was doing it. I know they have done studies in psychology that had children taking more candy form a bowel is other children were present and doing the same thing. Beyond that I am not sure...
Some people may feel pressured by a loved on to do something morally or politically corrupt - but I think it depends on the person, though loved ones do have power in that realm.

Whether it happens on its own... maybe if a person feels there is no alternative. They are struggling to have ends meet and it is just not happening. In desperation they may do something morally wrong... but what constitutes morally or politically corrupt? And I can see how money, beauty and sex corrupt, but I am not so sure about freedom and health - unless the person is being denied those things.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


Article of interest. Read, share and comment.

http://news.distractify.com/people/legendary-festivals/

Spain has some very messy festivals - one with mushed and thrown tomatoes and one with black smeared all over the people. What is up with that! Those are festivals I have no interest in, although the people celebrating seem to be having a great time.

The Holi (Festival of Colours) is beautiful but I would be concerned about breathing that stuff in.

The Light Festivals in Japan are gorgeous - I love light displays and fireworks.

The Lantern Festivals in Asia remind me off the ceiling of Hogwarts in the Harry Potter movies - positively divine.

Snow and Sand Sculpture festivals are amazing in their design and intricacy. I love seeing how talented we are - thank goodness pictures can capture the sculptures as they are gone all to soon.

The Electric Forest Festival in Michigan looks amazing - now that would be one I would love to go to and experience first hand.

Close to me we have fireworks displays and summer music festivals but nothing quite so involved.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Thirty – Three


5. When was the last time you met a new friend? How did you meet?

The last time I met a friend would be here at WDC. I have met many wonderful people, but I feel a kind of kinship with 🌑 Darleen - QoD . We were grouped together for Nanowrimo last year - the green team. Her team spirit encouraged and inspired me to be just as active. We were grouped again in the Paper Doll Gang`s Newbie Workshops. Again I felt inspired to do well and keep up with her. Since then we have been involved in many of the same kind of activities and I am always happy to help her out. Dark Dreamscapes is her baby and I was excited to join her group for the Game of Thrones Challenge. Darleen brings out the best in me and that includes my competitive spirit. Her own writing inspires me to keep at my own and improve. Although we live in different countries and are at different places in our lives (she is raising 3 wonderful boys), I feel we are kindred spirits and I appreciate having met her and having her be part of my friendship circle.

I am a social person. I talk to many people, but I find I only have a few friends close to my heart. Aside from my friends, Debbie and Michelle; I have a friend I met in university. In our first year we sat beside one another in a macro economics class. It was an elective for both of us and we were bored - together. Beyond that class we were both studying Sociology. I was also studying Psychology and she was studying Fine Art. We spent many hours at the end of term working on assignments together while she also completed her artwork. We are born only two days apart - I am older, but she is a similar soul to me - one of those friends you can pick up with no matter how long the distance or time away from each other. Those are cherished friends, kindred spirits.

I make friends with people at work as well, but nobody as strongly connected as the ones I made as a young girl. I also enjoy the friendships I have made here at WDC - having a love of writing is something none of my face to face friends enjoy - though they do have their creative avenues and appreciate the gifts we all have.



© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824566-Corruption-Festivals-and-Friends-of-Merit