*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826507-Things-I-Thought-I-Could-Never-Do--Memories-Of-Us
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#826507 added August 28, 2014 at 1:41pm
Restrictions: None
Things I Thought I Could Never Do & Memories Of Us
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 178


Prompt: Things you have done that you thought you could never do.

My first response to this would be everything. Everything is a challenge the first time we try something and the important thing is we try, open ourselves up to meet that challenge. Each step moves us closer to accomplishing anything we really want... the thing is we need to figure out what it is we really want.

Two of my biggest wants and desires are writing and teaching. I continue to challenge and strive in both these areas and I see progress being made. Sometimes it is small, sometimes it is bigger. Sometimes there are setbacks, sometimes celebrations. Each feeds the other and moves me forward. The challenge sometimes is to keep moving forward. Where I go with this, I don't fully know. I find myself taking on new things and finding joy in the process. I could say what my ultimate goal is, but I find it is still vague beyond my immediate time. Maybe I should have set goals to publish and pick a grade to focus on in a position that gives me permanency - and I would love that, but I also know each step I take moves me closer to those goals in its own way. All of it is a journey, a life in process and I am just along for the ride. Woo Hoo!

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


Campers Prompt.
Does anyone remember this movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107212/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Our prompt is similar to this movie, Nell has come to see us in the morning after the shindig we had. That was wicked awesome, thank you bunches! The owner invites all the kids back as adults to reminisce and spend time together like we have.

Nell said," I have bad news when you leave the camp will be closing for good. My husband and I are just too old to run a camp like this. You all saw what happens here in Maine around Moosehead Lake. Merle and I have talked it over and we would like to offer to each of you. I'll give you time to think it over."
We all sit quietly, and then the conversation gets going.....What? How? You tell me.


Now, this is my first time camping with you lovely bloggers. I would be sad to know we would never do it again, but something tells me we will find another time and place to connect - even if it is.... Buffalo. *Bigsmile*.

Memories hold to a person, make a person who they are. Some of those memories are vital, like the foundational beams of a house, some memories are decorative. They all give a person substance and uniqueness.

This camp for me is new. It is not foundational, but it is more than decorative. It has an important impact on my psyche. Knowing it is here, in our hearts, makes it not connect itself to place. That makes it possible to move place and not be too crushed with the loss of a particular place.

That being said, I do tend to lean towards the sentimental. Place does matter and I think the younger you are the more a place has impact. Places like my grandparent's farm and even a cottage at Wasaga Beach hold dear memories - loss of those places has more impact than a camp I enjoyed for one summer.

I did go to a camp twice when I was a child. I did not overly enjoy the experience. It was at a time when my parents were separating, so memories and time are tied to darker moments. I also did not do well with children my own age, I preferred the company of adults or being alone when I was young.

I have changed with age.... become more social, in some ways... but I still enjoy my solitude. Many people don't get that and see it as odd. As a child, I was teased about it - turning something I loved into something odd. Time and age has given me perspective to see they just did not understand.

I got off on a tangent here, but that is okay. Thoughts as deep as these take you down different dusty roads you never thought you would visit. That is why I like blogging... I never know what I will find within those dusty corners.



© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826507-Things-I-Thought-I-Could-Never-Do--Memories-Of-Us