*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826599-Advertising-Copy-for-the-Camp--Scandalous
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#826599 added August 29, 2014 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
Advertising Copy for the Camp & Scandalous
Today's blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Campers Prompt August 29th
Wow, in the discussions today Prosperous Snow, our beloved Neva suggested an ad campaign to save the camp in her entry. I thought it was wicked awesome so here we are with the challenge.
Well, each of you are very talented writers. Norb and I believe you could write an ad campaign convincing people that this camp is a great place to visit. Show us what you got. Maybe we can convince Nell and Merle with our help this place would be worth giving it another try.


Nights of starry clarity, days of sun shine and warmth.
Cool water calls to you to come and play or bask in liberated delight.
Ease back and take the time.
Visit nature's great display and call it your home away from home.
Run from the ordinary.
Come claim part of your wild self and reclaim your happiness in this little bit of Maine.
Free of traffic worries and the demands of the everyday.
Free to explore and come face to face with nature's offerings.
Whether you like to swim or canoe, hike the trails or bask in the sun our camp has it all for you.
A little bit of heaven on earth.
Come claim yours today.

Blog City – DAY 179


Prompt: An admired mentor asks for help covering up a scandal. Did she say scandal? What is it?

The phone cut through my thoughts and dragged me back to the surface most people call reality. I reached for it as I cursed whoever dared to bother me. I knew this phone rarely rang so it needed to be important, but I still hated to be disturbed here.

Taking a calming breath I moved the receiver to my ear and spoke in a rusty croak.

"Benjamin... Oh, thank God You are there. I was starting to get desperate." The voice hushed at me, my ears scrambling to make sense of that message. I sat a little straighter, coming fully present.

"Martha?"

"s***, ya. Who did you think it would be?"

I shook my head and let the grin twist up the corner of my mouth. "You sound..." I began, but she cut me off.

"Listen... I need a favour."

"A favour... what kind of favour?"

"Can I come up to your chalet?"

I snorted, leaned back and took in the rough wood beams she called 'my chalet'. "It's not a..."

"Whatever, look I need to get away... Can I come?"

I blew out a breath and thrust myself forward in my chair. "I am working Martha..."

"I won't disturb you, but I need to get away... and I need to talk to you... Please, Benjamin." Her voice pleaded and I felt my resolve shaking.

"Fine..." I blew out, then added, "when?"

"I should be up there by tonight. Wait up, I will need you."

"Fine, Martha. I will wait up."

The line disconnected and I tipped back to look at the reciever. The dial tone cut in. Shaking my head I hung up the phone wondering what Martha had managed to get herself into. Having gone to the cabin to write I had not kept abreast of any current affairs. Beyond the generator to run the essentials and supply my laptop its power, it was pretty remote out here.

The disruption had thrown a wrench into my writing so I saved everything and shut it down for the time being. I took myself outside to draw the cool crisp evening breeze into my lungs. Stretching up I let the tension ease off me. I would need to prepare for Martha's arrival anyway. Grabbing buckets from the shed I headed for the river to stock up my reserves.

When I returned I figured I would head into town to grab a few more supplies. I needed more coffee anyway, besides I doubted Martha was be too happy subsisting on beef jerky and Kraft dinner. Fruit and salad fixings were more her style, but then she was not bread for roughing it. My mind played with the possibilities wondering why she wanted to come.

I got my first taste of an answer when I got to town.

The hardware store was blaring their TV loud enough that a small crowd had gathered by the window to watch. I peeked over the tops of people's head and noticed a news broadcast. Martha's face filled the screen along with a message to say call if she was spotted.

".... she is wanted in connection with the disappearance of her husband, Frank Hillbrand."

As I stood taking it all in, my blood ran cold. What had I got myself pulled into?




© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826599-Advertising-Copy-for-the-Camp--Scandalous