*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826671-Last-Campfire-Night--Scandalous-continued
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#826671 added August 30, 2014 at 10:19pm
Restrictions: None
Last Campfire Night & Scandalous continued....
Today's blog...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Our last big campfire together for this year
This is your chance to spin a really wild tale before we part ways, can you top what has happened here this past 3 weeks together? We are looking forward to what you got for us. By the way Nell, Merle, Joe from the pub and our neighbors are joining us for our farewell roast.
Who's up to the limbo again?


I’m in for the limbo and can we add the Cha Cha slide as well?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZv62ShoStY

amy-Has a great future ahead and I have garnered grocery shopping. We head out to make sure we can get enough marshmallows and wieners. We need chocolate and graham crackers as well - It would be a crying shame not to have another go at those wonderful sm'ores. We need some some of that Cherry Coke as well.

Fivesixer and Charlie ~ are doing a beer and liquor run. I hope they managed to find those Hard Mike Vodka slushies; they are really delicious.

I realize it is our last big night but I kind of want to keep it low key. Enjoy the music, the campfire food, the treats, the conversation. We could play some games, But mostly just relax. September's crush will be on us soon enough. I am not fond of heading back hung over or bloated on too many sweets.

I will need tomorrow to take that last glorious hike and play in the lake. Then it's a long car ride back to reality.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – DAY 180


Prompt: There's a knock on your door. Hi. I ask, can I come in. You say yes, but then see my four suitcases. You tell me what happens ....
No worries, you've read my blog I am a tough old woman.


This kind of links up to my story from yesterday..... so I am going to add to it.

I made it back to the cabin and wondered what I had got myself into for the hundredth time. Seeing Martha's face plastered on the local broadcast was bad. Her husband was missing. Where the hell was he? The news reporter said nothing about that just that she was wanted in connection with his disappearance. Wouldn't it be better to face it than run,., unless she had truly done something heinous.

Unable to settle I set myself on the task of chopping wood and building up the wood pile. The strenuous activity held my mind in check and let me fall into the routine of swinging and landing the ax and feeling the satisfaction of the piece splintering off. I hauled in more water to fill the reservoir to almost full.

When there was nothing left to do, I took myself off for a jog to let my muscles scream and my sweat build and cool me.

The sun was setting long into the evening. The colours bled up into the sky and touched the horizon with bountiful mastery. It usually never failed to calm me, but tonight my nerves still edged up to the surface and threatened my serenity.

I expected Martha soon so I took myself inside and set about fixing a pot of coffee. It wasn't long before I heard a car pull up and then a rap on my door.

I opened it to see Martha standing there amid her four large suitcases. Her face pale as milk, her eyes tired and bloodshot.
"Oh, Benjamin. Thank you so much for this..."

"Tell me why your here, Martha. I need to know... I heard reports..."

Martha's eyes widened. "Up here, you've heard about it all the way up here?"

"Your wanted for questioning, Martha. Where is Frank?"

"How the hell should I know, last I heard he was off with his new whore." Martha shoved by me pulling one of her bags and leaving the other's for me to bring in.

When I had done that I said, "I made a fresh pot of coffee... thought you'd want to talk."

"Screw coffee... I need a brandy. You got that?"

I shook my head. "This is a working cabin, Martha. I come up here to work. So there is no alcohol."

"You're such a pure ass now that you got sober. I'll take whatever you got then... coffee will have to do."

I moved to put her bags in the spare room off the kitchen. There was no way I was carrying them up to the loft.

Martha took a look about her. "I thought you said this was a chalet." she said as I handed her a coffee; black the way she liked it.

"You called it that, not me."

"Hump." she gave a grunted then dropped herself into the corner of the threadbare couch. "Rather... rustic."

"It works for me." I waited for her to go on.

"I suppose you want details..."

"That would be nice."

"This is off the record... just in case you get any ideas." I nodded, turning to refill my own mug and doctor it up to my liking before taking a seat across from her. I settled back putting my feet up on the wooden coffee table, then she began her tale. It was not long before I shifted forward for every detail.

When she finished I implored her "You have to go to the police, Martha. If you don't they will think the worst...."

"But I don't know where Frank is."

"They'll need to know that or they will piece together their own ideas and that can only make things harder for you."

Martha let out a sigh, "You're probably right... that is why I needed to see you. I could not think in the city."

"We can go together if you like." I told her and she nodded.

As she went off to her room I had a feeling things were going to get ugly before they got better. And I doubted I was going to meet my deadline. I figured I best let my editor know something 'unexpected' had come up. I did not need any more heat from that angle.



© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826671-Last-Campfire-Night--Scandalous-continued