*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827075-Climate-Change-Houses-and-Homes-My-LIST--Birthday-Memory
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#827075 added September 3, 2014 at 1:37pm
Restrictions: None
Climate Change, Houses and Homes, My LIST & Birthday Memory
Today's blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


What are your thoughts on climate change? How concerned about it are you, and do you think its effects will be felt dramatically in your lifetime?

Heavy... whoa... in some ways we are already experiencing the effects as August was not the August of memory. The weather held temperatures of significantly lower degrees that made enjoyment of beaches an issue. A day of chill was followed by a day heavy with humidity that had the radio broadcasters were announcing 'cooling areas' in arenas and libraries.

Weather is the thing we all can discuss and gripe about. It holds our world within a precious and delicate balance. We need to take care to do are part by making our own carbon footprint as tiny as possible and do what we can to help alleviate the burden our world must suffer.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City - Day 184 {Day 3 Of The List}


Prompt: Even though we all love our houses, is there a house on TV or the movies you would like to live in?
LISTERS, remember to include your list of 14 items linked in some way to your Blog entry.


My original thought to this was no, then I got to thinking, as prompts have a way of wheeling their was in and shaking things up. My mind flipped to the Amity House and I thought, Hell No! Then it tracked to the Cosby Show house... but only for a moment, then it flipped to Little House on the Prairie and the Walton's.

The link is family not the house itself.

A house is not a home without family. Without the living, breathing connectedness it is merely four walls and that is all. The beauty of The Great Gatsby's house means nothing without connections to friends and family. Besides, I am drawn more to Nick's house in the Great Gatsby anyway - there is a quaintness to it. Nature encroaches in a way manicured lawns never satisfy. Old trees. Strong and sturdy holding up over the test of time, links to the solidity of families and love.

List Of Things I Would Want In My House
#1. No more than 14 steps into the basement of a bungalow so I don't have to do that many stares anymore.
#2. Laundry facilities on the main floor for all those 14 loads of laundry. Sorry, Mitchopolis you are going to have to do your own laundry - I stop after 14.
#3. A kitchen equipped with at least 14 state of the art appliances to make my life easier.
#4. 14 windows to let in the sun shine and liven up the place.
#5. A mere 14 rooms to handle the life of family and friends.
#6. There must be a least 14 areas to store our stuff.
#7. A patio 14 by 14 outside to allow enjoyment of the outdoors without the engulfment of mosquitoes.
#8. 14 patio stones to make the way from the from to the back of the house.
#9. A pool at least 14 feet long to enjoy when the sun gets to hot or the humidity reigns supreme.
#10. A least 14 chairs to provide seating when our family chooses to gather for special occasions.
#11. A 14 minute walk around the block provides access to our mailbox and some lovely fresh air.
#12. A 14 minutes fast walk can get you to the shops where groceries can be purchased.
#13. Home Depot can also be reached in a mere 14 minutes.
#14. 14 steps beyond our back yard puts us in the school yard behind us.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Thirty – Seven


2. Speaking of Birthdays, which birthday do you have the best memories of and why?

I have a memory of a birthday, though I cannot remember the percise age. My friend, Herbie, two years younger than me, had gotten up to admire the birthday cake. He had placed his hand on the edge of the table and leaned forward over the cake. Well, I am sure you know where I am going with this... his hands slipped and he landed face first into the cake. The perfect Funniest Home Videos moment, though this was long before that show would materialize.

I like this memory because
1) it is hilarious;
2) it reminds me of Herbie's antics; and
3) it reminds me of my dear friend Herbie - who was killed in a plane crash with his whole family the year I moved to southern Ontario (1978). He was the oldest of 3 children and he was only 10.

Sorry to bring a downer to the memory, but it is a sweet one. Laughter, though tears. I believe, his aunt (my babysitter, at the time) had made this cake for my birthday. I think we still enjoyed it. There is no before picture, there was not time, but I know there is an after picture. The memory still makes me smile.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827075-Climate-Change-Houses-and-Homes-My-LIST--Birthday-Memory