*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827839-9-11-on-Mars-With-Red-Velvet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#827839 added September 11, 2014 at 11:38am
Restrictions: None
9-11 on Mars With Red Velvet
Sept 11, 2014


Blog City

What were you doing and where were you on 9-11 when the twin towers were attacked?

I was sitting at my computer typing an email to my soulmate. I remember the news of it was on TV.

Here were my thoughts as the headlines of 9-11 flashed across the screen.
1. Is this a hoax?
2. Is this a trailer for a new movie?
3. Did that just really happen?
4. Oh, my, goodness, I think it really did.
5. Who in the world would want to do that?
6. I can't believe that really happened.
7. Yes, it really happened.
8. My Dad is close to where the plane crashed in Pennsylvaina (one of the planes that the hijacker wanted to crash into one of the buildings in DC).
9. Where is my Dad?
10. The trucking company can't seemed to find my Dad.
11. The computer system in his truck is down. All messages keep bouncing back.
12. Where is my Dad?
13. No one can find him.
14. Thankfully, he was at a truck stop in Penn watching the news of 9-11. He was there because some of the interstates were closed because of everything that was happening. He couldn't answer the messages because the airwaves were blocked because of everything that was going on.


Blogging Circle of Friends

Would you volunteer to be one of the first colonists on Mars if it meant you could never return to earth?

Nope, absolutely not! I don't know a thing about Mars. At least, I know what to expect on earth.


News In My World!

I'm trying to figure out how to make a slideshow and add my singing to it. I seem to be able to make the slideshow with the pic I want and a video of my singing, but I can't seem to get the two to go together. I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker. If anyone knows how to do this, please send me detailed instructions. If I can figure it out, y'all might just get to hear me sing.


Musical Ending!

Here's Johnny Cash's cover of Gordon Lightfoot's Red Velvet. It way better that Lightfoot's. Waylon Jennings also did a cover, but it sounds a lot like Lightfoot's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XahShfd1qs

Bye for Now!

Sister of Mercy


© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827839-9-11-on-Mars-With-Red-Velvet